Use your experience to make a positive impact
Niche is a leading consultancy specialising in natural capital and offsetting, terrestrial and aquatic ecology, heritage management, environmental planning, management and approvals, and spatial services.
Our purpose is to empower people to create a sustainable future.
We’re looking for a Spatial Services Administrator to join our diverse community of talented, innovative technical experts and strategic advisors. Our people are proud to do work that matters, to make an impact working on some of the most consequential, challenging and inspiring projects in their industry.
Find your Niche – a place you can thrive
From the start of our business in 2009, we have trusted our people with the flexibility they need to structure work around their lives and the autonomy to deliver their projects from end to end. On any given day our people will be working from home, in the field, or from one of our offices located across the east coast of Australia.
We value your expertise and ensure you have the systems, support and tools to do what you do best. Whatever your role with Niche, you can take advantage of:
Time for your wellbeing, personal development and family
- Additional paid leave to support your health, wellbeing, development and personal fulfilment
- Spend time with family or friends, volunteer in your community, or work on a personal project
- Competitive parental leave policy to support parents and carers
Recognition for your time and effort
- Competitive in-field TIL policy, and incentives/allowances to recognise your time in the field
- Competitive total rewards package and allowances
Support to master your craft
- A network of peers, mentors, leaders, senior specialists and experts accessible through our buddy and mentoring programs
- Flexible career pathways to progress in both technical and people leadership streams
- Financial assistance and leave to support your continuing professional development.
About the role
We are seeking a motivated experienced Geographic Information Systems (GIS) Administrator to join our team in a full-time capacity working 5 days a week. This role would be suited to those who have over 5 years of experience working within a GIS consultancy firm with a focus on ecology and heritage.
The successful candidate would have an excellent understanding of GIS, ArcGIS and Enterprise. The role has flexibility with work from home arrangements or based at any one of our offices including Melbourne, Sydney, Parramatta and Wollongong in NSW, or Brisbane and Cairns in QLD.
What you will be doing:
- Administering ArcGIS Enterprise, including regular maintenance, software and hardware upgrades.
- Ensuring availability, reliability and performance of ArcGIS Enterprise.
- Management and support of Field Maps and Niche’s Data Editors (web mapping applications).
- Geodatabase design and implementation, which includes maintaining ArcGIS Enterprise schema uniformity.
- Researching and recommending new technologies to ensure Niche’s systems are maintained efficiently and to an appropriate standard.
- Undertaking periodic audits of spatial data, data management procedures and storage.
- Liaising with the GIS Manager to maintain the quality and integrity of spatial data, including cataloguing, maintenance and indexing of all relevant spatial data.
What will make us a great match
This role will best suit someone who has an excellent understanding of GIS, ArcGIS and Enterprise.
Specifically, we are looking for:
- Tertiary qualification from a recognized institution at undergraduate or postgraduate level with a major in GIS/IT or allied fields.
- Over 5+ years’ GIS experience working in a consultancy.
- Strong problem solving, analytical and conceptual skills.
- Demonstrated experience and competency with:
- ESRI ArcGIS Pro, ArcGIS Online or ArcGIS Enterprise technology
- Complex consulting projects
- Delivering high-quality GIS products or projects
- Geodatabase design and implementation
- Experience preparing ecology and heritage related mapping.
- Ability to meet productivity targets and meet project budgets.
- Capability to work as part of a team of diverse professionals in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong communication, problem solving, analytical and conceptual skills.
- Proficient experience tablet and laptop computers, smart-phones and the Microsoft Office Suite of products.
About Niche and the team
At Niche, we look to the future and ask how we can empower people to make a positive difference and to solve clients’ problems in a way that balances a need for development with respect for heritage and reliance upon our environment.
Niche’s spatial services help clients overcome common challenges with collecting, storing, distributing and understanding spatial data. Our team of analysts, technologists and problem solvers deliver spatial services systems and data that can be tailored to client organisation and deployed seamlessly to allow each stakeholder to access the information they need, wherever they are located, and at all stages of the project.
This role reports to Ishara Kotiah who currently leads Niche’s Spatial Services across NSW, QLD, and Victoria. Ishara has worked as a GIS consultant for the bulk of her career working across a range of industries including forestry, the water and energy sector, emergency management, health, and local and state governments. With more than 20 years of experience, she has delivered on GIS strategies for those organisations, and the design and implementation of enterprise level GIS databases, systems, and applications. Her experience spans the mobile, desktop, web, and cloud platforms, and she has a strong interest in driving efficiency gains through workflows and optimised databases and systems.
How to apply
If you are interested in this fantastic career opportunity, please submit your application including a resume and cover letter addressing the key requirements to email@example.com.
Niche is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We encourage qualified candidates of all differences to apply. Our recruitment process includes behavioural and medical testing. We also recognise the same recruitment process doesn’t fit all, so if you require any accommodations or adjustments, simply let us know at the time you apply.
Applicants are required to have the right to work in Australia to be considered for this opportunity.