Senior Spatial Developer- QLD
Empowering people to reimagine a sustainable future.
The Senior Spatial Developer will play a pivotal role in evolving our spatial systems and driving the company’s strategic objectives and priorities in development.
This opportunity requires an individual with a breadth of skills, including advanced proficiency in Python, extensive familiarity with ESRI technology, and a strong engineering mindset. As a Senior Spatial Developer, you will be instrumental in identifying and prioritising development initiatives that align with the organisation’s goals, optimising business operations, and enhancing decision-making capabilities. Your expertise and insights, will help define the development process implementing best practices to ensure an efficient and streamlined development process.
Effective communication and collaboration with both internal and external stakeholders will be crucial in this role, as you leverage your technical expertise to deliver valued outcomes.
This position is tailor-made for passionate individuals who are recognized as technical authorities in the Australian spatial development space, and who are eager to join a company that thrives on celebrating future growth.
Experience and qualifications the ideal candidate will bring to this role:
- Tertiary qualification from a recognised institution at undergraduate or postgraduate level with a major in IT, GIS or allied fields
- 10+ years of experience managing GIS teams
- A proven track record for delivery of high-quality solutions
- Experience coordinating complex projects with multiple stakeholders
- Ideally worked in a consulting environment
- Ideally has experience managing datasets related to environmental and cultural heritage management
- Ideally experience working in a consulting environment or similar setting.
- Demonstrated experience and competency with ESRI Suite., ArcGIS Enterprise, Portal for ArcGIS Enterprise, Field Maps, Experience Builder, ArcGIS Pro, ArcGIS Online
- Python Spatial programming experience
- API experience
- Business Intelligence systems
- Good communication skills, including technical report writing with the ability to work effectively with a diverse group of individuals
What can we offer you:
At Niche, we recognise the importance of making sure those who choose to represent us are well cared for. It’s part of our core values and makes us who we are. Come grow with us and you can enjoy many benefits including:
- Our well-established hybrid work model (in-office & from home), our offices always open to you balancing flexibility and connection.
- Inclusive parental leave policy that supports all parents and carers throughout their parenting and caring journey.
- Support for your Professional Development, covering costs and time so you can focus on your own professional growth.
- Our people know the best people and are rewarded for this through our generous employee referral program.
- Employee Assistance Program that lets you access support no matter where you may be. Our EAP providers offer post-natal nutrition advice, employee counselling and coaching service for you and your family.
- Mentoring program so you can build on your own skills as well as learn and impart new.
- Celebrating our staff through our anniversary awards scheme.
- Wellbeing program that includes mental health awareness month, flu vaccinations, Covid vaccinations, blood donation leave and much more
Niche Environment and Heritage is a leading multidisciplinary consultancy specialising in ecology and biodiversity, heritage management, environmental management and approvals and environmental offsetting. Established in 2009, Niche has successfully delivered more than 3000 projects to clients across Australia. Our 100+strong team includes ecologists, botanists, archaeologists and environmental scientists. Niche is a vibrant, flexible and well-organised business that prides itself in caring for and supporting oNiche Environment and Heritage is a leading multidisciplinary consultancy specialising in ecology and biodiversity, heritage management, environmental management and approvals and environmental offsetting with a focus on the east coast of Australia. Established in 2009 and operating in NSW and QLD regions since 2012, Niche has successfully delivered more than 2800 projects to clients across Australia. Our 100+ strong team includes a diverse range of professionals including terrestrial and aquatic ecologists, Aboriginal and historical heritage professionals, environmental scientists and approvals specialists, and spatial services and GIS experts.
Niche is a vibrant growing business that prides itself on caring for and supporting its staff. We aim to be influential, pragmatic and innovative. With a hybrid work model developed and nurtured prior to Covid-19, we offer flexible work arrangements, an excellent safety culture and trust our staff to make the right decisions to deliver projects from end to end. Our diverse and cross-discipline capacity provides the opportunity to work on a multitude of interesting projects across eastern Australia.
How to apply:
If you are interested in this fantastic career opportunity, please submit your application including a resume and cover letter addressing the key requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our recruitment process includes behavioural and medical testing.
All applications will be treated with the strictest of confidence. Niche is an Equal Opportunity Employer, where diversity is embraced, and we encourage qualified candidates. You must have the right to work in Australia to be considered for this role.