Senior Ecology Consultant – Brisbane QLD
We are seeking a full-time Senior Ecology Consultant to join our Brisbane based environment team. As a senior consultant, you will be mainly responsible for managing and delivering projects, providing specialist ecological data interpretation, preparing reports and assessments to our clients, field work, project management and client liaison. This role is suited to candidates who have strong technical experience and those who have previously worked within a consultancy capacity.
The successful candidate will have:
- Degree/undergraduate degree or postgraduate qualification, preferably in ecology, biology, environmental science, environmental management or similar
- At least 7 years’ experience as a technical specialist undertaking field-based surveys, data analysis and reporting, preferably in a consulting capacity
- Project Management qualification (desirable) or experience managing a diverse project portfolio
- Previous experience preparing comprehensive proposals and tenders, potentially across multi-disciplinary projects
- Previous experience in preparing ecological reports such as ecological survey reports, monitoring reports and management plans.
- Working knowledge of local, State and Commonwealth legislation relating to the environment in QLD, particularly the Environmental Protection Act 1994, Vegetation Management Act 1999, Nature Conservation Act 1992, and Environment Protection and Biodiversity Conservation Act 1999 (Cth)
- Experience in client relationship management and the willingness to participate in business development activities
- Ability to undertake extended periods of field work, sometimes in remote locations
- Strong problem solving, analytical and conceptual skills
- Good interpersonal and excellent customer service and communication skills
- QLD White Card (CIC) and driver’s licence
Great conditions and salary on offer:
- An attractive salary and allowances will be offered in line with your level of experience
- Management support is available to ensure your growth within the business.
- Flexible working options
- Professional learning and development and mentoring opportunities
- Anniversary awards scheme
- Generous employee referral program
- Paid parental leave policy
- Employee Assistance Program
- Community engagement activities
Niche Environment and Heritage is a leading multidisciplinary consultancy specialising in ecology and biodiversity, heritage management, environmental management and approvals and environmental offsetting. Established in 2009, Niche has successfully delivered more than 2300 projects to clients across Australia. Our 60+strong team includes ecologists, botanists, archaeologists and environmental scientists.
Niche is a vibrant, flexible and well organised business that prides itself in caring for and supporting our employees. We have an excellent safety culture and trust our employees to make the right decisions to deliver projects from end to end. Our diverse and cross-discipline capacity provides the opportunity to work on a multitude of interesting projects across eastern Australia.
How to apply:
If you are interested in this fantastic career opportunity, please read the position description and then submit your application including a resume and cover letter addressing the key requirements via the Apply Now button below. Our recruitment process includes a pre-employment medical test and all candidates must have current rights to work in Australia.
Your application will be treated with the strictest of confidence. Niche is an Equal Opportunity Employer, where diversity is embraced and we encourage qualified candidates of all differences to apply.
Applications close Wednesday 5 May 2021.