Senior Ecology Consultant: Brisbane QLD
We are seeking a full-time Senior Ecology Consultant to join our Brisbane-based environment team. As a senior consultant, you will be mainly responsible for managing and delivering projects, providing specialist ecological data interpretation, preparing reports and assessments for our clients, field work, project management and client liaison. This role is suited to candidates who have strong technical experience and those who have previously worked in a consultant capacity.
The successful candidate will have:
- Degree/undergraduate degree or postgraduate qualification, preferably in ecology, biology, environmental science, environmental management or similar.
- At least 5 years’ recent experience as a technical specialist undertaking field-based surveys, data analysis and reporting, in a consulting capacity.
- Project Management qualification (desirable) or demonstrated experience managing a diverse project portfolio.
- Previous experience preparing comprehensive proposals and tenders, potentially across multi-disciplinary projects.
- Previous experience in preparing ecological reports such as ecological assessment reports, monitoring reports and management plans.
- Working knowledge and demonstrated application of local, State and Commonwealth legislation relating to the environment in QLD, particularly the Environmental Protection Act 1994, Vegetation Management Act 1999, Nature Conservation Act 1992, and Environment Protection and Biodiversity Conservation Act 1999 (Cth), to ecological impact assessments.
- Experience in client relationship management and the willingness to participate in business development activities.
- Ability to undertake extended periods of field work, sometimes in remote locations.
- Strong problem solving, analytical and conceptual skills.
- Good interpersonal and excellent customer service and communication skills.
- QLD White Card (CIC) and driver’s licence.
What can we offer you:
Here at Niche, we recognise the importance of making sure those who choose to represent us are well cared for. It’s part of our core values that makes us who we are. Come grow with us and you can enjoy a number of benefits that foster a great culture and nurture growth.
Whether you’re in the office or working from home, our benefits include:
- Hybrid work model (in-office & from home), our offices are always open to you balancing flexibility and connection.
- Inclusive parental leave policy that supports all parents and carers throughout their parenting and caring journey.
- Professional Development allowance and days off so you can focus on your own professional growth.
- Generous employee referral program.
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP) that lets you access support no matter where you may be. Our EAP providers offer post-natal nutrition advice, employee counselling and coaching service for you and your family, access to wellbeing resources, training and development.
- Wellbeing program that includes mental health awareness month, flu vaccinations, Covid vaccinations, blood donation leave and much more.
- Mentoring program so you can build on your own skills as well as learn and impart new.
- Anniversary awards scheme so we can celebrate our staff.
Niche Environment and Heritage is a leading multidisciplinary consultancy specialising in ecology and biodiversity, heritage management, environmental management and approvals and environmental offsetting with a focus on the east coast of Australia. Established in 2009 and operating in NSW and QLD regions since 2012, Niche has successfully delivered more than 2800 projects to clients across Australia. Our 100+ strong team includes a diverse range of professionals including terrestrial and aquatic ecologists, Aboriginal and historical heritage professionals, environmental scientists and approvals specialists, and spatial services and GIS experts.
Niche is a vibrant growing business that prides itself on caring for and supporting its staff. We aim to be influential, pragmatic and innovative. With a hybrid work model developed and nurtured prior to Covid-19, we offer flexible work arrangements, an excellent safety culture and trust our staff to make the right decisions to deliver projects from end to end. Our diverse and cross-discipline capacity provides the opportunity to work on a multitude of interesting projects across eastern Australia.
How to apply:
If you are interested in this fantastic career opportunity, please submit your application including a resume and cover letter addressing the key requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our recruitment process includes behavioural and medical testing.
All applications will be treated with the strictest of confidence. Niche is an Equal Opportunity Employer, where diversity is embraced, and we encourage qualified candidates. You must have the right to work in Australia to be considered for this role.