Senior Ecology Consultant – Parramatta/Wollongong NSW
Niche Environment and Heritage is a leading multidisciplinary consultancy specialising in ecology and biodiversity, heritage management, environmental management and approvals and environmental offsetting. Established in 2009, Niche has successfully delivered more than 2000 projects to clients across Australia. Our 50-strong team includes ecologists, botanists, archaeologists and environmental engineers.
Niche is a vibrant, flexible and well organised business that prides itself in caring for and supporting our staff. We have an excellent safety culture and trust our staff to make the right decisions to deliver projects from end to end. Our diverse and cross-discipline capacity provides the opportunity to work on a multitude of interesting projects across eastern Australia.
Niche is seeking a motivated and enthusiastic Senior Ecologist to lead and participate in ecological projects across the state. Niche provides specialist ecological services for a range of stakeholders including industry and government. We are seeking someone with more than 8 year’s experience within the NRM industry including experience within the environmental consulting industry.
Projects would involve formulation of development applications and conservation strategies for medium to large projects, identification and establishment of conservation sites (offset areas), establishment of monitoring programs and ecological training. The role would be tailored to the skills of the applicant across Niche’s range of work. Opportunities exist to mentor and manage junior staff, contribute to business development and career progression.
Requirements to be successful:
- Tertiary qualification, preferably a degree in Ecology, Environmental Science, Botany, Zoology or another relevant discipline
- A minimum of 8 years practical experience undertaking field-based surveys, data analysis and reporting, preferably in a consulting capacity
- Previous experience in preparing ecological reports such as ecological impact assessments, monitoring reports and management plans
- Experience undertaking ecological survey in the vegetation communities of NSW
- Working knowledge of relevant NSW and Commonwealth environmental legislation and planning policies
- BAM accreditation or the capacity to become accredited based on previous experience Ability to work independently and as part of a team of professionals
- Strong interpersonal and excellent customer service and communication skills
- Proficient experience with using the Microsoft Office Suite of products
- Willingness to completed field work as required and a full drivers licence
- NSW White Card (CIC) and First Aid certificate (desirable)
- Mentoring program
- Mobile phone, laptop & corporate credit card
- Annual employee retreat
- Community fundraising events and a vibrant culture
- Flexible work options
- Ongoing professional development
- An attractive salary and allowances will be offered commensurate with your level of experience
If you are interested in this fantastic career opportunity, please submit your application including a resume and cover letter addressing the key requirements via Seek by following the Apply button.
You must have the right to work in Australia to be considered for this role.
All applications will be treated with the strictest of confidence. Niche is an Equal Opportunity Employer, where diversity is embraced and we encourage qualified candidates of all differences to apply.