Senior Cultural Heritage Consultant – Parramatta or Wollongong NSW
Niche Environment and Heritage is a leading multidisciplinary consultancy specialising in ecology and biodiversity, heritage management, environmental management and approvals and environmental offsetting. Established in 2009, Niche has successfully delivered more than 2000 projects to clients across Australia. Our 50-strong team includes ecologists, botanists, archaeologists and environmental engineers.
Niche is a vibrant, flexible and well organised business that prides itself in caring for and supporting our staff. We have an excellent safety culture and trust our staff to make the right decisions to deliver projects from end to end. Our diverse and cross-discipline capacity provides the opportunity to work on a multitude of interesting projects across eastern Australia.
Due to our strong growth Niche is seeking a motivated and enthusiastic Senior Aboriginal Cultural Heritage Consultant. The successful candidate will work with our experienced NSW heritage team and be based in Sydney, working from our Parramatta or Wollongong offices. We are seeking someone with 7+ years’ technical experience and 5 years managing a diverse project portfolio in the consulting industry. Ideally you will have a professional focus and demonstrated experience with Aboriginal cultural heritage projects.
Requirements to be successful:
- A relevant Bachelor-level university degree with Honours (minimum). With a concentration in the field of Aboriginal Heritage is desirable. Continued commitment to professional development (post graduate study would be advantageous)
- At least 7 years’ experience working on cultural heritage projects, particularly within NSW, in a consulting capacity
- Expert knowledge, understanding and experience with Aboriginal Cultural Heritage Assessments in NSW, the New South Wales National Parks and Wildlife Regulation 2009 and associated codes and guidelines
- Excellent analytical, conceptual and assessment skills, together with strong professional experience
- Production of technical report writing and preparation of associated appendices which may include site diagrams, formatting site and aerial photographs
- Willingness to provide mentoring to Niche cultural heritage consultants
- Excellent communication skills with a strong working relationship with Aboriginal communities in NSW
- Strong interpersonal skills, is very detail oriented and organised
- Precise attention to detail and ability to produce professional quality deliverables on time and on budget
- Experience with using GPS, tablets, laptop, digital cameras, and the Microsoft Office Suite of products
- Ability to work outdoors in remote locations is essential and a willingness to travel to field locations throughout Australia for periods of time
- Ability to work outdoors in remote locations and a willingness to travel for periods of time
- A full current driver’s licence
- NSW White Card (CIC) and First Aid certificate (desirable)
- Mentoring program
- Mobile phone, laptop & corporate credit card
- Annual employee retreat
- Community fundraising events and a vibrant culture
- Flexible work options
- Ongoing professional development
- An attractive salary and allowances will be offered commensurate with your level of experience
If you are interested in this fantastic career opportunity, please submit your application including a resume and cover letter addressing the key requirements via the “Apply” button.
You must have the right to work in Australia to be considered for this role.
All applications will be treated with the strictest of confidence. Niche is an Equal Opportunity Employer, where diversity is embraced and we encourage qualified candidates of all differences to apply.