Senior/Associate Heritage Consultant: QLD
Empowering people to grow Niche in a strategic and sustainable manner.
An opportunity awaits for an emerging or established leader with experience in heritage consulting services in the Queensland environment. Take a step back into history with Niche and join a team who’ve collected and preserved several thousands of artefacts from Cross River Rail and other major linear infrastructure projects.
More recently, our heritage projects have taken us into the renewable energy sector including providing EIS for pumped hydro, battery storage and wind farm projects.
Working with Niche will provide you with exposure to complex cultural heritage projects, including designing and executing fieldwork, leading technical teams and preparation of technical reports, and providing detailed technical and statutory advice on heritage matters.
This role will see you working in close collaboration with an established cultural heritage team, led by an experienced heritage manager – who was over 20 years of experience in the heritage industry – and with our clients, and Aboriginal representatives and communities.
This position is ideal for an individual seeking a company that is focused on future growth and a role that will further develop their technical skill set in cultural heritage management.
Experience and qualifications the ideal candidate will bring to this role:
- A degree and/or postgraduate qualification with a focus on Australian archaeology, anthropology or cultural heritage management.
- Experience working under the Aboriginal Cultural Heritage Act 2003.
- Working knowledge with Commonwealth heritage laws, other QLD laws including the Torres Strait Islander Cultural Heritage Act 2003 and the Queensland Heritage Act 1992, and local heritage planning requirements.
- Strong people management and emotional intelligence skills with a demonstrated ability to communicate, engage others, influence culture, and provide strong direction.
- Ability to manage complex projects from beginning to end.
- Well-developed ability and willingness to interpret and explain complex technical issues to all levels of staff and to clients.
- Excellent and proven experience in communicating with a range of stakeholders including Aboriginal community representatives
Great conditions and salary on offer:
At Niche, we recognise the importance of making sure those who choose to represent us are well cared for. It’s part of our core values and makes us who we are. Come grow with us and you can enjoy a number of benefits including:
- Our well-established hybrid work model (in-office & from home), our office is always open so you can balance flexibility and connection.
- Inclusive parental leave policy that supports all parents and carers throughout their parenting and caring journey.
- Support for your Professional Development, covering costs and time so you can focus on your own professional growth.
- Our people know the best people and are rewarded for this through our generous employee referral program.
- Employee Assistance Program that lets you access support no matter where you may be. Our EAP providers offer post-natal nutrition advice, employee counselling and coaching service for you and your family.
- Mentoring program so you can learn and build on your own skills, and impart your knowledge to colleagues.
- Celebrating our staff through our anniversary awards scheme.
- Wellbeing program that includes mental health awareness month, flu vaccination leave, Covid vaccination leave and others.
Niche Environment and Heritage is a leading multidisciplinary consultancy specialising in ecology and biodiversity, heritage management, environmental management and approvals and environmental offsetting. Established in 2009, Niche has successfully delivered more than 3000 projects to clients across Australia. Our 100+strong team includes ecologists, botanists, archaeologists and environmental scientists. Niche is a vibrant, flexible and well-organised business that prides itself in caring for and supporting our staff. We have an excellent safety culture and trust our staff to make the right decisions to deliver projects from end to end. Our diverse and cross-discipline capacity provides the opportunity to work on a multitude of interesting projects across eastern Australia.
How to apply:
If you are interested in this fantastic career opportunity, please submit your application including a resume and cover letter addressing the key requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our recruitment process includes behavioural and medical testing.
All applications will be treated with the strictest of confidence. Niche is an Equal Opportunity Employer, where diversity is embraced, and we encourage qualified candidates. You must have the right to work in Australia to be considered for this role.