Empowering people to grow Niche in a strategic and sustainable manner.
Niche is a company that has experienced continuous growth year on year. We have a dynamic and resourceful team located on the east coast of Australia.
In these newly created positions, we’re seeking experienced Project Managers with technical knowledge in either heritage / and or ecology or have led multidisciplinary environmental projects, who have a passion for project management and can support our growth and assist our wider teams consultants with delivering on our commitments to our key clients. You’d be leading and managing a portfolio of projects or larger and more complex specialist technical assessments.
Make an impact
As an experienced Project Management with technical knowledge, these roles would be an integral function to ensure the successful delivery of our projects. Working closely with our project teams, you be required to plan and develop strategy for the projects you oversee and improve on internal processes and protocols to ensure the quality of our projects are aligned.
The roles will suit individuals who take pride in ensuring excellence in their project delivery and has a knack for working on complex technical projects with multiple stakeholders in a fast-paced environment.
We’re flexible on location. We have a number of offices across NSW and QLD and have a flexible working environment for those who wish to work from home.
What can we offer you:
At Niche, we recognise the importance of making sure those who choose to represent us are well cared for. It’s part of our core values and makes us who we are. Come grow with us and you can enjoy a number of benefits including:
- Our well-established hybrid work model (in-office & from home), our offices always open to you balancing flexibility and connection.
- Inclusive parental leave policy that supports all parents and carers throughout their parenting and caring journey.
- Support for your Professional Development, covering costs and time so you can focus on your own professional growth.
- Our people know the best people and are rewarded for this through our generous employee referral program.
- Employee Assistance Program that lets you access support no matter where you may be. Our EAP providers offer post-natal nutrition advice, employee counselling and coaching service for you and your family.
- Mentoring program so you can build on your own skills as well as learn and impart new.
- Celebrating our staff through our anniversary awards scheme.
- Wellbeing program that includes mental health awareness month, flu vaccinations, Covid vaccinations, blood donation leave and much more.
Experience and qualifications the ideal candidate will bring to this role:
- Minimum 5 years of experience as a Project Manager, with knowledge of ecology and / or heritage, or of working on multidisciplinary projects.
- Tertiary qualifications with demonstrable technical project management experience.
- You will have the ability to lead and inspire specialist disciplinary teams, to engage and develop the capability of those within your projects to drive the project toward milestones and conclusion.
- External Project Management accreditation would be highly favoured (but not essential)
- Ability to successfully manage safety, time, cost, quality, and risk elements.
- A history of effective contract management, resourcing planning and delivery management.
- You must possess excellent communication skills (both written and verbal) and develop excellent working relationships with clients, and other internal and external stakeholders.
- Precise attention to detail and ability to produce professional quality deliverables on time and on budget.
- Produces deliverables that are high quality, accurate and complete including a quality assurance review.
- High level of proficiency with the Microsoft 0365 suite of programs, including MS Project is critical.
Niche Environment and Heritage is a leading multidisciplinary consultancy specializing in ecology and biodiversity, heritage management, environmental management and approvals and environmental offsetting with a focus on the east coast of Australia. Established in 2009 and operating in NSW and QLD regions since 2012, Niche has successfully delivered more than 3000+ projects to clients across Australia. Our 100+ strong team includes a diverse range of professionals including terrestrial and aquatic ecologists, Aboriginal and historical heritage professionals, environmental scientists and approvals specialists, and spatial services and GIS experts.
Niche is a vibrant growing business that prides itself on caring for and supporting our its staff. We aim to be influential, pragmatic and innovative. With a hybrid work model developed and nurtured prior to Covid-19, we offer flexible work arrangements, an excellent safety culture and trust our staff to make the right decisions to deliver projects from end to end. Our diverse and cross-discipline capacity provides the opportunity to work on a multitude of interesting projects across eastern Australia.
How to apply:
If you are interested in this fantastic career opportunity, please submit your application including a resume and cover letter addressing the key requirements to email@example.com.
Our recruitment process includes behavioural and medical testing.
All applications will be treated with the strictest of confidence. Niche is an Equal Opportunity Employer, where diversity is embraced, and we encourage qualified candidates. You must have the right to work in Australia to be considered for this role.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Respectfully no agencies please.