Project Managers Assistant – Ecology Team – Parramatta NSW
We are seeking an experienced Project Managers Assistant to partner with our Project Manager to support delivery of a major biodiversity project and to provide project support to our NSW ecology team.
The role is based in Sydney, working from our Parramatta office, with working from home flexibility.
The position is a full-time position reporting to the Ecology Discipline Manager.
In this role, your principal responsibilities include:
- Partner with project manager to provide project management assistance, including the tools, resources and advice to support a large complex project through to completion.
- Assist the project manager in all aspects of delivery management for a major biodiversity project undertaking all support and assistance tasks required, including;
- Supporting the project manager to ensure the project logistics are properly scoped, implemented and delivered on time, budget and to required quality specification.
- Provision of efficient logistical support, creating, implementing and monitoring project plans against time, cost and quality requirements.
- Preparing documentation, liaising with clients and stakeholders (predominantly over the phone), developing and completing periodic progress reports.
- Supporting the project manager to establish partnering relationships with relevant external sub-contractors, supporting the related logistics, communications, cost control, quality and delivery.
- Building and maintaining supportive relationships with the NSW Ecology team managers, senior staff, and key stakeholders.
Key requirements to be successful:
- Degree qualified, or equivalency.
- At least 3+ years’ experience in a project management assistant role, or relevant similar role.
- Highly developed interpersonal skills, incorporating verbal and written communication, negotiation, analytical, relationship and resolution skills.
- A strong work ethic and demonstrated project management skills, a track record of working collaboratively in a team environment to deliver high quality services.
- A willingness and inherent skills to interpret then apply your understanding of the NSW Biodiversity Conservation Act 2016 (BC Act), the Biodiversity Offsets Scheme (BOS) and accompanying regulations.
- Strong computer literacy and proficiency with the MS Office suite.
- The ability to work semi autonomously without constant direct supervision.
- An interest in Biodiversity or Natural Resources Management would be advantageous.
- Ability to work well under pressure, prioritise tasks effectively, and to be flexible and adaptive.
- A positive, can-do attitude, a supportive and team focused outlook and a strong desire to empathetically support team members.
- Willingness to understand and apply learnings of complex NSW legislation and guidelines.
- Proficiency in database use is desirable, but training will be provided to candidates without experience.
You’ll be prepared to:
- Have fun while delivering a complex, challenging and large project.
- Collaborate closely with ecology team members.
Great conditions and salary on offer:
- Senior support is available to ensure you can grow in your role with us.
- Flexible work arrangements which can be discussed to suit your needs .
- Professional learning & development/memberships to appropriate bodies for the role.
- Novated Car leasing scheme.
- Anniversary awards scheme.
- Paid parental leave.
- Generous employee referral program.
- Employee Assistance Program.
- Mentoring program.
- Annual employee retreat.
- Community fundraising events and a vibrant supportive culture.
Our 85+ strong team includes archaeologists, heritage architects, ecologists, botanists, and environmental engineers, who are in Sydney, Illawarra and across regional New South Wales and in Queensland.
Niche Environment and Heritage is a leading multidisciplinary consultancy specialising in heritage management, ecology and biodiversity, environmental management and approvals and environmental offsetting.
Established in 2009, Niche has successfully delivered more than 3000+ projects to clients across Australia. Niche has an excellent safety culture, and our cross-discipline capacity provides the opportunity to work on a multitude of interesting projects across eastern Australia.
How to apply:
If you are interested in this fantastic career opportunity, please read the job description and then submit your application including a resume and cover letter addressing the key requirements via the Apply Now button by close of business on 3 December 2021.
All applications will be treated with the strictest of confidence. Niche is an Equal Opportunity Employer, where diversity is embraced, and we encourage qualified candidates of all differences to apply.
You must have the right to work in Australia to be considered for this role.