Principal Historic Heritage Consultant – NSW (location open)
We are seeking a Principal Historic Heritage Consultant to join our successful and growing NSW heritage team.
Location is open to any of our NSW office locations (Parramatta, Bulli, Port Macquarie or Sydney CBD), or if you prefer, work from home in NSW.
The experience our team needs:
- 8-10+ years consulting experience, working on historical heritage projects, within NSW
- You are recognised by the Heritage Council of NSW as a respected and suitably qualified, experienced person to enable archaeological work permits (Primary Excavation Director)
- Outstanding knowledge, experience and interpretation ability for NSW legislation, the Heritage Act, the National Parks and Wildlife Act and other relevant planning legislation
- You will have significant experience in archaeological assessments, assessing heritage significance, statements of heritage impact, the historical archaeology code of practice and assessing significance of archaeological sites and relics
The qualifications you’ll bring:
- Bachelor’s degree, with honours, Arts, Heritage or related studies
- A distinct advantage to hold post graduate studies in the field of historical archaeology or similar
You’ll be prepared to:
- Collaborate closely with your Heritage Discipline Manager to support the historic heritage team members
- Have fun whilst directing and managing complex small-large projects
- Develop client relationships and build new relationships, leveraging your own and Niche’s network to secure new projects
- Travel where the work is, including working outdoors, traveling to field locations as required
- Mentor and support others to develop professionally
What you’ll get in return:
- You will have the opportunity to work on some complex, challenging and exciting projects across NSW, whilst being supported by a professional and welcoming team
- You will be given a lot of autonomy and exposure to projects from the beginning
Great conditions and salary on offer:
- Highly competitive salary which is negotiable for the right candidate
- Entirely flexible work arrangements which can be discussed to suit your needs
- Professional learning & development/memberships to appropriate bodies for the role
- Novated Car leasing scheme
- Anniversary awards scheme
- Paid parental leave
- Generous employee referral program
- Employee Assistance Program
- Mentoring program
- Annual employee retreat
- Community fundraising events and a vibrant supportive culture
Our 80+ strong team includes archaeologists, heritage architects, ecologists, botanists, and environmental engineers, who are in Sydney, Illawarra and across regional New South Wales and in Queensland.
Niche Environment and Heritage is a leading multidisciplinary consultancy specialising in heritage management, ecology and biodiversity, environmental management and approvals, and environmental offsetting.
Established in 2009, Niche has successfully delivered more than 3000+ projects to clients across Australia. Niche has an excellent safety culture, and our cross-discipline capacity provides the opportunity to work on a multitude of interesting projects across eastern Australia.
How to apply:
If you are interested in this fantastic career opportunity, please read the position description and then submit your application including a resume and cover letter addressing the key requirements via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
COVID-19 vaccinations and the workplace: Niche is committed to the wellbeing of our staff, contractors and clients. In order to provide a safe workplace for all, Niche will be introducing a new policy which requires all employees to be fully vaccinated with an approved COVID-19 vaccine to access our offices and attend other Niche worksites (subject to any medical exemption). Evidence of vaccination will only be required during the onboarding process.
All applications will be treated with the strictest of confidence. Niche is an Equal Opportunity Employer, where diversity is embraced, and we encourage qualified candidates of all differences to apply.
Current rights to work in Australia are required for this role.