Heritage Consultant – Coffs Harbour, Port Macquarie or North Coast NSW
We are seeking a motivated and enthusiastic Heritage Consultant on a 12-month fixed term basis. The successful candidate will work with our NSW Heritage team from home and/or our regional office. We are seeking someone with 4 years’ experience in the heritage consulting industry.
Requirements to be successful:
- A relevant Bachelor-level university degree with Honours (minimum). A concentration in the field of Aboriginal Heritage is desirable.
- 4 years’ experience working on cultural heritage projects, particularly within NSW, in a consulting capacity.
- Knowledge, understanding and experience with Aboriginal Cultural Heritage Assessments in NSW, the New South Wales National Parks and Wildlife Regulation 2009 and associated codes and guidelines.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team of professionals.
- Excellent problem solving, analytical and conceptual and technical report writing skills.
- Excellent communication skills with a strong working relationship with Aboriginal communities in NSW.
- Strong interpersonal and excellent customer service skills to establish and maintain a core customer base.
- Attention to detail and ability to produce high quality deliverables on time and within budget.
- Experience with using GPS, tablets, laptop, digital cameras, and the Microsoft Office Suite of products.
- Ability to work outdoors in field locations is essential and a willingness to travel to locations throughout Australia for periods of time.
- NSW White Card (CIC), First Aid certificate and experience with using tablets, laptops, digital cameras, and Microsoft 0365 are desirable.
- Must be willing to travel to our other office locations such as Wollongong and Parramatta from time to time.
Great conditions and salary on offer:
- Senior support is available to ensure you can grow in your role with us.
- Anniversary awards scheme.
- Generous employee referral program.
- Professional learning and development, and mentoring program.
- Employee Assistance Program.
- Flexible working options.
- Paid maternity leave policy.
- Community engagement activities.
- An attractive salary and allowances will be offered in line with your level of experience.
Niche Environment and Heritage is a leading multidisciplinary consultancy specialising in ecology and biodiversity, heritage management, environmental management and approvals and environmental offsetting. Established in 2009, Niche has successfully delivered more than 2300 projects to clients across Australia. Our 60+strong team includes ecologists, botanists, archaeologists and environmental scientists.
Niche is a vibrant, flexible and well organised business that prides itself in caring for and supporting our staff. We have an excellent safety culture and trust our staff to make the right decisions to deliver projects from end to end. Our diverse and cross-discipline capacity provides the opportunity to work on a multitude of interesting projects across eastern Australia.
How to apply:
If you are interested in this fantastic career opportunity, please read the position description and then submit your application including a resume and cover letter addressing the key requirements via the apply now button by close of business on 16 March 2021. Our recruitment process includes behavioural and medical testing.
All applications will be treated with the strictest of confidence. Niche is an Equal Opportunity Employer, where diversity is embraced, and we encourage qualified candidates of all differences to apply. You must have the right to work in Australia to be considered for this role.