Heritage Consultant – Parramatta NSW
Niche is seeking a motivated and enthusiastic Heritage Consultant to join our team! The successful candidate will work with our experienced NSW Heritage team, specialising in Aboriginal heritage assessments, and will be based in our Parramatta office. We are seeking someone with at least 4 years’ technical experience, including consulting experience with cultural heritage projects.
The role will provide technical cultural heritage interpretation, research and advise in response to client needs, project management, field work and client liaison.
Requirements to be successful:
- A relevant Bachelor-level university degree with Honours in the field of Aboriginal archaeology.
- At least 4 years’ practical experience working on Aboriginal heritage projects, particularly within NSW, and experience in a consulting capacity.
- Knowledge, understanding and experience with Aboriginal assessments in NSW, the New South Wales National Parks and Wildlife Regulation 2009 and associated codes and guidelines
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team of professionals.
- Ability to prioritise and manage multiple tasks with the ability to meet deadlines.
- Excellent communication skills with a strong working relationship with Aboriginal communities.
- Excellent problem solving, analytical and conceptual and technical report writing skills.
- Ability to work outdoors in field locations and a willingness to travel is essential.
- A full current NSW driver’s licence.
- NSW White Card (CIC), First Aid certificate and experience with using tablets, laptops, digital cameras, and Microsoft 0365 are desirable.
Great conditions and salary on offer:
- Senior support is available to ensure you can grow in your role with us.
- Anniversary awards scheme.
- Generous employee referral program.
- Professional learning and development, and mentoring program.
- Employee Assistance Program.
- Flexible working options.
- Paid parental leave policy.
- Community engagement activities.
- An attractive salary and allowances will be offered in line with your level of experience.
Niche Environment and Heritage is a leading multidisciplinary consultancy specialising in ecology and biodiversity, heritage management, environmental management and approvals and environmental offsetting. Established in 2009, Niche has successfully delivered more than 2800 projects to clients across Australia. Our 75+strong team includes ecologists, botanists, archaeologists and environmental scientists.
Niche is a vibrant, flexible and well organised business that prides itself in caring for and supporting our staff. We have an excellent safety culture and trust our staff to make the right decisions to deliver projects from end to end. Our diverse and cross-discipline capacity provides the opportunity to work on a multitude of interesting projects across eastern Australia.
How to apply:
If you are interested in this fantastic career opportunity, please read the position description and then submit your application including a resume and cover letter addressing the key requirements via the apply now button by close of business on 13 August 2021. Our recruitment process includes behavioural and medical testing.
All applications will be treated with the strictest of confidence. Niche is an Equal Opportunity Employer, where diversity is embraced, and we encourage qualified candidates of all differences to apply. You must have the right to work in Australia to be considered for this role.