Aboriginal Cultural Heritage Consultant – NSW (location open)
We are seeking either a Senior Aboriginal Cultural Heritage Consultant or an experienced Mid-Level Consultant to join our successful and growing NSW heritage team.
Location is open to any of our NSW office locations (Parramatta, Bulli, Port Macquarie or Sydney CBD), or if you prefer, work from home in NSW.
The experience our team needs:
- Leading and working on Aboriginal cultural heritage projects, specifically within NSW
– If you have 4+ years’ experience, our ‘Experienced Consultant’ role is the role for you
– If you have 6+ years’ experience, our ‘Senior Consultant’ role is the role for you
- Knowledge, understanding and experience with Aboriginal Cultural Heritage Assessments in NSW, the New South Wales National Parks and Wildlife Regulation 2009 and associated codes and guidelines
- Excellent communication skills and strong working relationships with NSW Aboriginal communities
- Strong problem solving, analytical and conceptual and technical report writing skills
The qualifications you’ll bring:
- A relevant Bachelor-level university degree with Honours (minimum)
- With a concentration in the field of Aboriginal Archaeology
- Demonstrated professional development by post graduate study would be advantageous
You’ll be prepared to:
- Have fun while delivering complex, challenging and large projects
- Travel where the work is, including working outdoors travel to field locations for periods of time
- Collaborate closely with your discipline manager and a highly supportive heritage team
- Leverage your own and Niche’s network to bring in work
- Mentor and support others to develop professionally
You’ll also have these key requirements:
- Excellent communication skills, strong interpersonal and time management skills
- Precise attention to detail and ability to produce professional quality output on time and on budget
- Strong analytical, conceptual and assessment skills, together with strong professional experience
- A full current NSW driver’s licence
- Experience with using tablets, laptops, digital cameras, and Microsoft 0365
- NSW White Card (CIC) and First Aid certificate are desirable
Great conditions and salary on offer:
- Senior support is available to ensure you can grow in your role with us
- Anniversary awards scheme
- Generous employee referral program
- Professional learning and development
- Paid parental leave
- Employee Assistance Program
- Mentoring program
- Annual employee retreat
- Community fundraising events and a vibrant culture
- An attractive salary and allowances will be offered in line with your level of experience.
Our 80+ strong team includes archaeologists, heritage architects, ecologists, botanists, and environmental engineers, who are in Sydney, Illawarra and across regional New South Wales and in Queensland.
Niche Environment and Heritage is a leading multidisciplinary consultancy specialising in heritage management, ecology and biodiversity, environmental management and approvals, and environmental offsetting.
Established in 2009, Niche has successfully delivered more than 2800+ projects to clients across Australia. Niche has an excellent safety culture, and our cross-discipline capacity provides the opportunity to work on a multitude of interesting projects across eastern Australia.
How to apply:
If you are interested in this fantastic career opportunity, please read the position description and then submit your application including a resume and cover letter addressing the key requirements via email to email@example.com
COVID-19 vaccinations and the workplace: Niche is committed to the wellbeing of our staff, contractors and clients. In order to provide a safe workplace for all, Niche will be introducing a new policy which requires all employees to be fully vaccinated with an approved COVID-19 vaccine to access our offices and attend other Niche worksites (subject to any medical exemption). Evidence of vaccination will only be required during the onboarding process.
All applications will be treated with the strictest of confidence. Niche is an Equal Opportunity Employer, where diversity is embraced, and we encourage qualified candidates of all differences to apply.
Current rights to work in Australia are required for this role.