Heritage Architect / Built Heritage Consultant – NSW
We are seeking a motivated Heritage Architect or Built Heritage Consultant. The successful candidate will work with our NSW historical heritage team – the location is flexible.
- Tertiary qualifications in Architecture, heritage conservation, planning or a related discipline with a specific focus on heritage, building conservation and/or adaptive reuse preferred.
- At least 5 years’ experience working on built heritage projects, particularly within NSW.
- Sound knowledge of the Building Code of Australia, the National Construction Code, the Heritage Act 1977 and the International Council of Monuments and Sites Burra Charter (2013).
- Ability to provide compliant built heritage advice, undertake heritage research, site inspections and fabric analysis, significance and impact assessments, conservation services, and schedules of maintenance and works.
- Sound ability to provide independent specialist advice on built heritage, architecture and the conservation of heritage place assessments involving considerations of legislative compliance, auditing, conservation, and archival recording projects, and ensuring all legislative obligations for our clients are met.
- Experience in preparing various types of heritage assessments for the NSW heritage team, particularly, but not limited to Statements of Heritage Impact and Conservation Management Plans for projects associated with the built environment.
- High quality professional writing skills with meticulous attention to detail.
- Strong communication skills, interpersonal skills, and time management skills.
- Precise attention to detail and ability to produce professional quality deliverables on time and on budget.
- Experience with using tablets, laptops, digital cameras, and the Microsoft 0365.
- Ability to work outdoors and a willingness to travel to field locations throughout Australia for periods of time.
- A full current NSW driver’s license.
- First Aid certificate (desirable).
Great conditions and salary on offer:
- Be part of a highly collaborative and supportive heritage team.
- Senior support is available to ensure you can grow in your role with us.
- Flexible work arrangements which can be discussed to suit your needs.
- Professional learning & development/memberships to appropriate bodies for the role.
- Novated Car leasing scheme.
- Anniversary awards scheme.
- Paid parental leave.
- Generous employee referral program.
- Employee Assistance Program.
- Mentoring program.
- Annual employee retreat.
- Community fundraising events and a vibrant supportive culture.
Niche Environment and Heritage is a leading multidisciplinary consultancy specialising in ecology and biodiversity, heritage management, environmental management and approvals and environmental offsetting. Established in 2009, Niche has successfully delivered more than 3000 projects to clients across Australia. Our 100+strong team includes ecologists, botanists, archaeologists and environmental scientists. Niche is a vibrant, flexible and well-organised business that prides itself in caring for and supporting our staff. We have an excellent safety culture and trust our staff to make the right decisions to deliver projects from end to end. Our diverse and cross-discipline capacity provides the opportunity to work on a multitude of interesting projects across eastern Australia.
How to apply:
If you are interested in this fantastic career opportunity, please submit your application including a resume and cover letter addressing the key requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our recruitment process includes behavioural and medical testing.
All applications will be treated with the strictest of confidence. Niche is an Equal Opportunity Employer, where diversity is embraced, and we encourage qualified candidates. You must have the right to work in Australia to be considered for this role.