Graduate Environmental Approvals Consultant- NSW
NSW Wollongong or Parramatta
Are you a Go-getter, ready to kick-start or advance your career in environmental consulting? Come join a well-resourced and experienced environmental consultancy specialising in biodiversity offsetting, Heritage Management and environmental approvals.
As a Graduate you will be exposed to varied projects including providing our clients with environmental advice about environmental approvals, technical and social matters and performance reporting. If you have the drive and desire to start your career with a company focused on connecting the best people to the best work, then we want to hear from you.
We pride ourselves in building a supportive culture and part of that vision is carried out through our fantastic Mentoring program, there to ensure you are continuously learning and growing as a consultant. Our Professional Development program nurtures the thirst for knowledge and with leave days associated with this policy, its encourages professional growth.
We offer career opportunities for people who share our drive, passion and ambition. From new graduates to experienced professionals, we are committed to offering fulfilling careers and the chance to grow as our business grows. We would love you to be part of our journey.
We are seeking talented and curious scientists who want to advance their career with a leading environmental consultancy. Ideally you will bring:
- A degree in environmental science, environmental management, environmental planning, resource management, environmental engineering or another relevant discipline
- A passion for field-based project work
- Effective written and spoken communication skills and the aptitude to confidently liaise with project teams, regulators and clients representative;
- Ability to leverage senior project managers by supporting project scoping and planning, subcontractor management, financial controls and preparing scientific reports;
- Safety leadership in the field and commitment to adopting behavioural based safety programs;
- The drive and commitment to succeed and to be a strong contributor to the growth and success of Niche
- 1 – 2 years of related professional experience within environmental management industry.
To step into this role, you will also have these key requirements:
- Effective time and people coordination skills including planning and sequencing of work.
- Ability to work collaboratively to resolve approval related issues such as unforeseen project scope changes.
- Strong analytical, conceptual and assessment skills, together with strong professional experience.
- Precise attention to detail and ability to produce professional quality deliverables on time and on budget.
- Ensure the deliverables produced are of a high quality, accuracy and complete including a quality assurance review.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- A full current NSW driver’s licence.
- NSW White Card (CIC), First Aid certificate and experience with using tablets, laptops, digital cameras, and Microsoft 0365 are desirable.
What can we offer you:
At Niche, we recognise the importance of making sure those who choose to represent us are well cared for. It’s part of our core values and makes us who we are. Come grow with us and you can enjoy a number of benefits including:
- Our well-established hybrid work model (in-office & from home), our offices always open to you balancing flexibility and connection.
- Inclusive parental leave policy that supports all parents and carers throughout their parenting and caring journey.
- Support for your Professional Development, covering costs and time so you can focus on your own professional growth.
- Our people know the best people and are rewarded for this through our generous employee referral program.
- Employee Assistance Program that lets you access support no matter where you may be. Our EAP providers offer post-natal nutrition advice, employee counselling and coaching service for you and your family.
- Mentoring program so you can build on your own skills as well as learn and impart new.
- Celebrating our staff through our anniversary awards scheme.
- Wellbeing program that includes mental health awareness month, flu vaccinations, Covid vaccinations, blood donation leave and much more
Niche Environment and Heritage is a leading multidisciplinary consultancy specialising in ecology and biodiversity, heritage management, environmental management and approvals and environmental offsetting with a focus on the east coast of Australia. Established in 2009 and operating in NSW and QLD regions since 2012, Niche has successfully delivered more than 2800 projects to clients across Australia. Our 100+ strong team includes a diverse range of professionals including terrestrial and aquatic ecologists, Aboriginal and historical heritage professionals, environmental scientists and approvals specialists, and spatial services and GIS experts.
Niche is a vibrant growing business that prides itself on caring for and supporting its staff. We aim to be influential, pragmatic and innovative. With a hybrid work model developed and nurtured prior to Covid-19, we offer flexible work arrangements, an excellent safety culture and trust our staff to make the right decisions to deliver projects from end to end. Our diverse and cross-discipline capacity provides the opportunity to work on a multitude of interesting projects across eastern Australia.
How to apply:
If you are interested in this fantastic career opportunity, please submit your application including a resume and cover letter addressing the key requirements to email@example.com.
Our recruitment process includes behavioural and medical testing.
All applications will be treated with the strictest of confidence. Niche is an Equal Opportunity Employer, where diversity is embraced, and we encourage qualified candidates. You must have the right to work in Australia to be considered for this role.