Graduate Aquatic Ecology Consultant: NSW
We are seeking a Full-time junior level aquatic ecologist to join and help grow our NSW Aquatic Ecology team’s capacity and skills. We encourage a family-friendly working environment and whether its part-time work, compressed hours or flexible working arrangements, we make flexible work for you. You can be located in any one of our NSW offices or work remotely from home. We are ideally seeking someone with an interest in aquatic ecology. The position focus is freshwater ecology, survey, assessment and monitoring, and river health management. However, candidates with marine, coastal, and estuarine ecology experience should also consider applying.
- A relevant Bachelor-level university degree in the field of Ecology, Environmental Science, Botany, Zoology or another relevant discipline.
- Basic knowledge of relevant NSW and Commonwealth environmental legislation and planning policies.
- Interest in undertaking aquatic surveys, fauna identification and reporting in the communities of NSW.
- An understanding of various monitoring techniques, including AusRivAS is highly regarded.
- Experience in the sampling or identification of macroinvertebrates would be highly regarded.
- Have a high level of computer literacy in Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook (at a minimum).
- Experience using various GIS, statistical analysis and/or modelling software are optional but highly desirable.
- Solid problem solving, analytical and conceptual skills.
- Strong communication skills.
- Ability to work outdoors in field locations and a willingness to travel is essential.
- A full current NSW driver’s license.
- NSW White Card (CIC), First Aid certificate and experience with using tablets, laptops, digital cameras, and Microsoft 0365 are desirable.
- Australia citizenship or rights to work in Australia.
Great conditions and salary on offer:
Here at Niche, we recognise the importance of making sure those who choose to represent us are well cared for. It’s part of our core values and makes us who we are. Come grow with us and you can enjoy a number of benefits that foster a great culture and nurture growth.
- We have a hybrid work model (in-office & from home), our offices are always open to you balancing flexibility and connection.
- Inclusive parental leave policy that supports all parents and carers throughout their parenting and caring journey.
- Professional Development allowance and days off so you can focus on your own professional growth.
- Generous employee referral program.
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP) that lets you access support no matter where you may be. Our EAP providers offer post-natal nutrition advice, employee counselling and coaching services for you and your family, as well as access to wellbeing resources, training and development.
- Wellbeing program that includes mental health awareness month, flu vaccinations, Covid vaccinations, blood donation leave and much more.
- Mentoring program so you can build on your own skills as well as learn and impart new skills.
- Anniversary awards scheme to celebrate our staff.
Niche Environment and Heritage is a leading multidisciplinary consultancy specialising in ecology and biodiversity, heritage management, environmental management and approvals and environmental offsetting. Established in 2009, Niche has successfully delivered more than 3000 projects to clients across Australia. Our 100+strong team includes ecologists, botanists, archaeologists and environmental scientists. Niche is a vibrant, flexible and well-organised business that prides itself in caring for and supporting oNiche Environment and Heritage is a leading multidisciplinary consultancy specialising in ecology and biodiversity, heritage management, environmental management and approvals and environmental offsetting with a focus on the east coast of Australia. Established in 2009 and operating in NSW and QLD regions since 2012, Niche has successfully delivered more than 2800 projects to clients across Australia. Our 100+ strong team includes a diverse range of professionals including terrestrial and aquatic ecologists, Aboriginal and historical heritage professionals, environmental scientists and approvals specialists, and spatial services and GIS experts.
Niche is a vibrant growing business that prides itself on caring for and supporting its staff. We aim to be influential, pragmatic and innovative. With a hybrid work model developed and nurtured prior to Covid-19, we offer flexible work arrangements, an excellent safety culture and trust our staff to make the right decisions to deliver projects from end to end. Our diverse and cross-discipline capacity provides the opportunity to work on a multitude of interesting projects across eastern Australia.
How to apply:
If you are interested in this fantastic career opportunity, please submit your application including a resume and cover letter addressing the key requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our recruitment process includes behavioural and medical testing.
All applications will be treated with the strictest of confidence. Niche is an Equal Opportunity Employer, where diversity is embraced, and we encourage qualified candidates. You must have the right to work in Australia to be considered for this role.