GIS Consultant – Parramatta NSW
We are seeking a motivated Geographic Information Systems (GIS) Consultant to join our team, ideally someone with 4 or more years’ GIS post degree experience. The successful candidate would have an excellent understanding of GIS. This position is ordinarily based in Parramatta (flexible work arrangements are currently in place with covid-19).
Requirements to be successful:
- Tertiary qualification from a recognised institution at undergraduate or postgraduate level with a major in GIS/IT or allied fields, 4+ years’ GIS experience post degree.
- Strong problem solving, analytical and conceptual skills.
- Demonstrated experience and competency with:
– ESRI ArcMap and ArcGIS Online technology
– Complex consulting projects
– NSW ecological and heritage spatial data
- Experience preparing ecological and heritage mapping.
- Ability to meet productivity targets and meet project budgets.
- Capability to work as part of a team of diverse professionals in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong communication, problem solving, analytical and conceptual skills.
- Proficient with tablet and laptop computers, smart-phones and the Microsoft Office Suite of products.
- Accredited BAM assessor (desirable).
- First Aid certificate and full current NSW driver’s licence (desirable).
Great conditions and salary on offer:
- Senior support is available to ensure you can grow in your role with us.
- Anniversary awards scheme.
- Generous employee referral program.
- Professional learning and development.
- Employee Assistance Program.
- Mentoring program.
- Flexible working options
- Paid maternity leave policy.
- Community engagement activities.
- An attractive salary and allowances will be offered in line with your level of experience.
Niche Environment and Heritage is a leading multidisciplinary consultancy specialising in ecology and biodiversity, heritage management, environmental management and approvals and environmental offsetting. Established in 2009, Niche has successfully delivered more than 2300 projects to clients across Australia. Our 60-strong team includes ecologists, botanists, archaeologists and environmental scientists.
Niche is a vibrant, flexible and well organised business that prides itself on caring for and supporting our staff. We have an excellent safety culture and trust our staff to make the right decisions to deliver projects from end to end. Our diverse and cross-discipline capacity provides the opportunity to work on a multitude of interesting projects across eastern Australia.
How to apply
If you are interested in this fantastic career opportunity, please submit your application including a resume and cover letter addressing the key requirements via the “Apply Now” button by close of business on 26 February 2021. Our recruitment process includes behavioural and medical testing.
All applications will be treated with the strictest of confidence. Niche is an Equal Opportunity Employer, where diversity is embraced and we encourage qualified candidates of all differences to apply.
You must have the right to work in Australia to be considered for this role.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Respectfully no agencies please.