Finance Manager – Parramatta NSW
We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Finance Manager to join our high performing business. Reporting to the Managing Director, this role will see you playing an active role in supporting the Executive Management team by offering key insights, analysis and financial advice to ensure the financial health of the business is maintained. You will be responsible for creating and maintaining budgets, forecasting and modelling, month end and management of day-to-day accounting/finance processes. You will also be responsible for the management of a collaborative team of financial and administrative assistants.
- Conduct analysis on financial and operational results as well as market conditions to understand company performance against the strategic and operational plans
- Manage the financial activities for the business including the development of annual budgets and monthly forecasts
- Prepare high quality, accurate and timely financial performance reporting including the analysis and variance reporting on data
- Prepare month end process including the preparation of management reports, income and financial performance statements and cash flow
- Preparation and lodgment of statutory returns and income tax obligations
- Partner with Management and key stakeholders to provide financial information and understanding of costs across the company including adherence to and reporting against budgets
- Reduce risk through the establishment of financial frameworks and procedures, policies and internal controls for the company
- Tertiary qualifications in Finance and/or, Accounting
- Qualified CPA or CA
- At least 5 year’s relevant experience in a similar position
- High level of analytical capability to apply strategic thinking to financial reporting and analysis
- Ability to deal with pressure and sensitive situations, and maintaining confidentiality at all times
- Experience working in a professional consulting business is desirable
Great conditions and salary on offer
- Anniversary awards scheme
- Generous employee referral program
- Professional learning and development support
- Employee Assistance Program
- Flexible working options
- Paid parental leave policy for primary and secondary carers
- Community engagement activities
Niche Environment and Heritage is a leading multidisciplinary consultancy specialising in ecology and biodiversity, heritage management, environmental management and approvals and environmental offsetting. Established in 2009, Niche has successfully delivered more than 2800 projects to clients across Australia. Our 75+strong team includes ecologists, botanists, archaeologists and environmental scientists.
We are a vibrant, flexible and well-organised business that prides itself in taking care of our people. We not only have an excellent safety culture but we trust our staff to make the right decisions to deliver projects from end to end. Our diverse and cross-discipline capacity provides the opportunity to work on a multitude of interesting projects across eastern Australia.
How to apply
If you are interested in this fantastic career opportunity, please read the position description and then submit your application including a resume and cover letter addressing the key requirements via the Apply Now button by close of business on 11 June 2021. Our recruitment process includes behavioural and medical testing.
All applications will be treated with the strictest of confidence. Niche is an Equal Opportunity Employer, where diversity is embraced and we encourage qualified candidates of all differences to apply. You must have the right to work in Australia to be considered for this role.