Senior Environmental Approvals Consultant – Wollongong or Parramatta NSW
We are seeking an experienced Senior Environmental Approvals Consultant to join our fast-paced NSW Environmental Approvals team in a full-time position. We are seeking someone with 7+ years’ experience with relevant State and Commonwealth legislation.
The experience we are looking for:
- You will have significant industry connections within the NSW linear infrastructure sector to lead the growth of our environmental approvals business.
- Significant consulting experience from within the road, rail and/or utilities sectors.
- You will be well experienced in planning, project managing and writing a broad range of approvals documents, as well as being a steady hand to guide other team members in winning and delivering approvals project work.
We’re flexible on location
Wollongong, Parramatta or discuss being work-from-home based with us (flexible work arrangements are currently in place with covid-19).
Experience and qualifications required:
- A relevant Bachelor-level university degree in environmental science, environmental management, environmental planning, resource management, environmental engineering or another relevant discipline.
- Strong connections to the marketplace and ability to bring in work form your own industry connections.
- Exceptional experience in NSW planning approvals pathways, specifically REFs and EMPs in the mining and resource sector is essential. As is experience preparing; project proposals including budgets, environmental constraints assessments, statements of environmental effects (SEE), environmental impact assessments and development applications, including project EISs and modifications and monitoring and management plans.
- Significant knowledge of local, State and Commonwealth legislation relating to environmental management in NSW and other jurisdictions in Australia.
- Provide environmental management advice, compliance, auditing and reporting ensuring all legislative obligations are met for projects.
To step into this role, you will also have these key requirements:
- Excellent communication skills, strong interpersonal and time management skills.
- Ability to work collaboratively to resolve approval related issues when met with unforeseen project scope changes.
- Leadership skills and a willingness to provide mentoring to junior team members.
- Excellent analytical, conceptual and assessment skills, together with strong professional experience.
- Precise attention to detail and ability to produce professional-quality deliverables on time and on budget.
- Ensure the deliverables produced are of a high quality, accuracy and complete including a quality assurance review.
- A full current NSW driver’s licence
- NSW White Card (CIC), First Aid certificate and experience with using tablets, laptops, digital cameras and Microsoft 0365 are desirable.
Great conditions and salary on offer:
- Anniversary awards scheme.
- Generous employee referral program.
- Professional learning and development.
- Employee Assistance Program.
- Annual employee retreat.
- Flexible working options.
- Paid maternity policy.
- Community engagement activities.
- An attractive salary and allowances will be offered in line with your level of experience.
You’ll be prepared to:
- Travel where the work is.
- Collaborate closely with senior employees across disciplines and directors.
- Mentor and support others to develop professionally.
- Have fun while delivering complex, challenging and large projects.
Niche Environment and Heritage is a leading multidisciplinary consultancy specialising in heritage management, ecology and biodiversity, environmental management and approvals and environmental offsetting. Established in 2009, Niche has successfully delivered more than 2000 projects to clients across Australia. Our 60-strong team includes archaeologists, heritage architects, ecologists, botanists, and environmental scientists. Niche has an excellent safety culture and our cross-discipline capacity provides the opportunity to work on a multitude of interesting projects across eastern Australia.
How to apply
If you are interested in this fantastic career opportunity, please read the position description and then submit your application including a resume and cover letter addressing the key requirements by email to firstname.lastname@example.org by close of business on 5 February 2021. Our recruitment process includes behavioural and medical testing.
All applications will be treated with the strictest of confidence. Niche is an Equal Opportunity Employer, where diversity is embraced and we encourage qualified candidates of all differences to apply. You must have the right to work in Australia to be considered for this role.
Only shortlisted candidates who meet the experience and qualifications criteria will be contacted.