Environmental Assessment and Approvals Consultant – Wollongong or Parramatta NSW
As a result of securing a significant, long term pipeline of work we are seeking an experienced Environmental Assessment and Approvals consultant to join our fast-paced NSW Environmental Approvals team in a full-time position, based in our Wollongong or Parramatta office.
We are seeking someone who has 3 to 6 years’ experience with primary responsibilities for environmental approvals and who has consulting industry experience in NSW.
Experience and qualifications required:
- A relevant Bachelor-level university degree in environmental science, environmental management, environmental planning, resource management, environmental engineering or another relevant discipline.
- Strong experience in NSW planning approvals pathways, specifically REFs and EMPs in the mining and resource sector is essential. As is experience in preparing; project proposals including budgets, environmental constraints assessments, statements of environmental effects (SEE), environmental impact assessments and development applications, including project EISs and modifications and monitoring and management plans.
- Knowledge of local, State and Commonwealth legislation relating to environmental management in NSW and other jurisdictions in Australia.
- Provide advice on environmental management and compliance issues for projects and assist with environmental management, including compliance, auditing and reporting; ensuring all legislative obligations are met.
To step into this role, you will also have these key requirements:
- Effective time and people coordination skills including planning and sequencing of work.
- Ability to work collaboratively to resolve approval related issues when met with unforeseen project scope changes.
- Strong analytical, conceptual and assessment skills, together with strong professional experience. Precise attention to detail and ability to produce professional quality deliverables on time and on budget.
- Ensure the deliverables produced are of a high quality, accuracy and complete including a quality assurance review.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- A full current NSW driver’s licence.
- NSW White Card (CIC), First Aid certificate and experience with using tablets, laptops, digital cameras, and Microsoft 0365 are desirable.
Niche Environment and Heritage is a leading multidisciplinary consultancy specialising in heritage management, ecology and biodiversity, environmental management and approvals and environmental offsetting. Established in 2009, Niche has successfully delivered more than 2000 projects to clients across Australia. Our 50-strong team includes archaeologists, heritage architects, ecologists, botanists, and environmental engineers. Niche has an excellent safety culture and our cross-discipline capacity provides the opportunity to work on a multitude of interesting projects across eastern Australia.
Benefits we offer
- Anniversary awards scheme
- Employee referral program
- Paid maternity leave policy
- Annual all employee retreat
- Employee Assistance program
- Mentoring program
- Community engagement activities
- Professional learning and development
- An attractive salary and allowances will be offered commensurate with your level of experience.
How to apply
If you are interested in this fantastic career opportunity, please submit your application including a resume and cover letter addressing the key requirements via the Apply Now button by close of business on Tuesday 25 August 2020. Our recruitment process includes behavioural and medical testing.
All applications will be treated with the strictest of confidence. Niche is an Equal Opportunity Employer, where diversity is embraced and we encourage qualified candidates of all differences to apply. You must have the right to work in Australia to be considered for this role.
Only shortlisted candidates who meet the experience and qualifications criteria will be contacted.