Mid-level Environmental Approvals Consultant – Wollongong or Parramatta NSW
As a result of securing a significant, long term pipeline of work we are seeking an experienced Environmental Assessment and Approvals consultant to join our fast-paced NSW Environmental Approvals team in a full-time position, based in our Wollongong or Parramatta office.
- Tertiary qualifications (minimum bachelor-level university degree) in environmental science, environmental management, environmental planning, resource management, environmental engineering or another relevant discipline.
Experience you will bring:
- 3-6 years’ experience with primary responsibilities for environmental approvals and who has consulting industry experience in NSW.
- Thorough knowledge of the NSW statutory planning system requirements. This is essential.
- Demonstrated knowledge in the preparation of regulatory approvals documentation for a range of projects, including experience in preparing winning proposals/budgets and successful delivery of REF, SEE, due diligence and modification approvals in the mining/resources (or infrastructure) sector.
- Experience in post approvals requirements (ideal but not mandatory)
- Prior experience in providing advice on environmental approvals and compliance matters for projects, supporting clients to meet their legislative obligations.
To step into this role, you will also have these key requirements:
- Effective time and people coordination skills including planning and sequencing of work.
- Ability to work collaboratively to resolve approval related issues such as unforeseen project scope changes.
- Strong analytical, conceptual and assessment skills, together with strong professional experience.
- Precise attention to detail and ability to produce professional quality deliverables on time and on budget.
- Ensure the deliverables produced are of a high quality, accuracy and complete including a quality assurance review.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- A full current NSW driver’s licence.
- NSW White Card (CIC), First Aid certificate and experience with using tablets, laptops, digital cameras, and Microsoft 0365 are desirable.
Great conditions and salary on offer:
- Highly competitive salary which is negotiable for the right candidate.
- Flexible work arrangements which can be discussed to suit your needs .
- Professional learning & development/memberships to appropriate bodies for the role.
- Novated Car leasing scheme.
- Anniversary awards scheme.
- Paid parental leave.
- Generous employee referral program.
- Employee Assistance Program.
- Mentoring program.
- Annual employee retreat.
- Community fundraising events and a vibrant supportive culture.
Our 85+ strong team includes archaeologists, heritage architects, ecologists, botanists, and environmental engineers, who are in Sydney, Illawarra and across regional New South Wales and in Queensland.
Niche Environment and Heritage is a leading multidisciplinary consultancy specialising in heritage management, ecology and biodiversity, environmental management and approvals and environmental offsetting.
Established in 2009, Niche has successfully delivered more than 3000+ projects to clients across Australia. Niche has an excellent safety culture, and our cross-discipline capacity provides the opportunity to work on a multitude of interesting projects across eastern Australia.
How to apply
If you are interested in this fantastic career opportunity, please submit your application including a resume and cover letter addressing the key requirements email@example.com
Our recruitment process includes behavioural and medical testing.
All applications will be treated with the strictest of confidence. Niche is an Equal Opportunity Employer, where diversity is embraced, and we encourage qualified candidates of all differences to apply. You must have the right to work in Australia to be considered for this role.
Only shortlisted candidates who meet the experience and qualifications criteria will be contacted.