Environmental Approvals Consultant – Parramatta or Wollongong NSW
If you are ready to make the next step up in your career then Niche could be the place to make that happen! You would become part of a terrific team who strive, every time, to provide great client, environmental and conservation outcomes. Working alongside experienced senior approvals consultants and many other talented and dedicated team members you will be provided personal and professional growth opportunity.
Sound interesting? Please read on:
Niche is seeking a motivated and enthusiastic Environmental Approvals Consultant. You will have at least 3 years’ experience in the environmental consulting industry with NSW planning approvals pathways experience, specifically REFs and EMPs in the mining and resourcing and/or linear infrastructure sectors.
In this role you will be engaged on technical assignments for small to medium NSW environmental approvals projects, project managing the delivery of a variety of projects, undertaking coordination, field work, report writing and from time to time input into, or writing bid proposals.
Requirements to be successful:
- Tertiary qualification, a degree in environmental science, environmental management, environmental planning, resource management, environmental engineering or another relevant discipline
- A minimum of 3 years relevant industry experience in Australia, preferably in a consulting capacity
- Strong experience in NSW planning approvals pathways, specifically REF’s and EMP’s in the mining and resources sector
- Demonstrated knowledge of local, State and Commonwealth legislation relating to environmental management in NSW and other jurisdictions in Australia
- Experience preparing environmental reports such as assessments, monitoring and management plans
- Provide advice on environmental management and compliance issues for projects
- Assist with environmental management, including compliance, auditing and reporting; ensuring all legislative obligations are met
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team of professionals
- Excellent problem solving, analytical, conceptual, communication skills, including technical report writing
- Strong interpersonal and excellent customer service skills to establish and maintain a core customer base
- Proficient experience with using GPS and DGPS, tablet and laptop computers, smart-phones, digital cameras, and the Microsoft Office Suite of products
- Ability to work outdoors in remote locations and a willingness to travel for periods of time
- A full current driver’s licence and able to drive a manual vehicle
- NSW White Card (CIC) and First Aid certificate (desirable)
Niche Environment and Heritage is a leading multidisciplinary consultancy specialising in ecology and biodiversity, heritage management, environmental management and approvals and environmental offsetting. Established in 2009, Niche has successfully delivered more than 2000 projects to clients across Australia. Our 50-strong team includes ecologists, botanists, archaeologists and environmental engineers.
Niche is a vibrant, flexible and well organised business that prides itself in caring for and supporting our staff. We have an excellent safety culture and trust our staff to make the right decisions to deliver projects from end to end. Our diverse and cross-discipline capacity provides the opportunity to work on a multitude of interesting projects across eastern Australia.
- Mentoring program
- Mobile phone, laptop & corporate credit card
- Annual employee retreat
- Community fundraising events and a vibrant culture
- Flexible work options
- Ongoing professional development
- Employee Assistance Program
- An attractive salary and allowances will be offered commensurate with your level of experience
If you are interested in this fantastic career opportunity, please submit your application including a resume and cover letter addressing the key requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org by close of business Friday 30 August 2019.
All applications will be treated with the strictest of confidence. Niche is an Equal Opportunity Employer, where diversity is embraced and we encourage qualified candidates of all differences to apply.
You must have the right to work in Australia to be considered for this role.