Mid-level Environmental Approvals Consultant – Wollongong NSW
Niche is seeking a motivated and enthusiastic Environmental Approvals Consultant. The successful candidate will have more than 3 years’ experience in the environmental consulting industry with NSW planning approvals pathways experience, specifically REFs and EMPs in the mining and resources sector.
Requirements to be successful
- A relevant Bachelor-level university degree in environmental science, environmental management, environmental planning, resource management, environmental engineering or another relevant discipline
- A minimum of 3 years relevant industry experience in Australia, preferably in a consulting capacity
- Strong experience in NSW planning approvals pathways, specifically REFs and EMPs in the mining and resourcing sector
- Demonstrated knowledge of local, State and Commonwealth legislation relating to environmental management in NSW and other jurisdictions in Australia
- Experience preparing environmental reports such as assessments, monitoring and management plans
- Provide advice on environmental management and compliance issues for projects
- Assist with environmental management, including compliance, auditing and reporting; ensuring all legislative obligations are met
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team of professionals
- Excellent problem solving, analytical, conceptual, communication skills, including technical report writing
- Precise attention to detail and ability to produce professional quality deliverables on time and on budget
- Strong interpersonal and excellent customer service skills to establish and maintain a core customer base
- Proficient experience with using; GPS and DGPS, tablet and laptop computers, smart-phones, digital cameras, and the Microsoft Office Suite of products
- Ability to work outdoors in remote locations is essential and a willingness to travel for periods of time
- A full current driver’s licence and able to drive a manual vehicle
- NSW White Card (CIC) and Senior First Aid certificate (desirable
- Mentoring program
- Ongoing professional development
- Mobile phone, laptop and corporate credit card
- Annual employee retreat
- Community fundraising events and a vibrant culture
- Flexible work options
- Salary and allowances will be offered commensurate with your level of experience
Niche Environment and Heritage is a leading multidisciplinary consultancy specialising in heritage management, ecology and biodiversity, environmental management and approvals and environmental offsetting. Established in 2009, Niche has successfully delivered more than 2000 projects to clients across Australia. Our 50-strong team includes archaeologists, heritage architects, ecologists, botanists, and environmental engineers. Niche has an excellent safety culture and our cross-discipline capacity provides the opportunity to work on a multitude of interesting projects across eastern Australia.
If you are interested in this fantastic career opportunity, please submit your application including a resume and cover letter addressing the key requirements via the Apply Now button by close of business Monday 3 February 2020.
All applications will be treated with the strictest of confidence. Niche is an Equal Opportunity Employer, where diversity is embraced and we encourage qualified candidates of all differences to apply.
You must have the right to work in Australia to be considered for this role.