Senior Ecologists – Offsets/Conservation/Stewardship Sites NSW
We have an exciting opportunity for experienced Senior Ecology Consultants to join our team, primarily to assist with the delivery of Biodiversity Stewardship Site Assessments and offsets throughout NSW.
You will ideally have at least 8 years or more experience in the NRM industry with project management experience within a consultancy, ideally with a strong experience with vegetation mapping.
This position is ordinarily based in Parramatta or Wollongong, however with active projects over most of NSW, work from home from a regional NSW location would be considered.
Requirements to be successful:
- A degree in Ecology, Environmental Science, Botany, Zoology or another relevant discipline.
- Practical experience of 8+ years undertaking project management, field-based surveys, data analysis and reporting, preferably at least partly in a consulting capacity.
- Willingness to primarily be involved with a team focused on delivering Biodiversity Stewardship Site Assessments, and offset strategy, including ecological reports, which may include Biodiversity Stewardship Site Assessments (BSSARs), monitoring reports, impact assessments (BDARs and FFAs)
- Vegetation community identification and botanical skills within NSW are highly desirable.
- An existing BAM accreditation is a distinct advantage, alternatively the desire and capacity to become BAM accredited based on your existing experience.
- Proven ability to provide technical ecological advice on large and diverse projects along with providing technical oversight to junior team members.
- Extensive experience undertaking ecological surveys within NSW.
- Willingness to travel throughout NSW to perform fieldwork campaigns.
- A willingness to mentor our junior team members.
Great conditions and salary on offer:
- Senior support is available to ensure you can grow in your career with us.
- Flexible working options.
- Anniversary awards scheme.
- Generous employee referral program.
- Professional learning and development.
- Employee Assistance Program.
- Mentoring opportunities.
- Paid parental leave policy.
- Community fundraising events and a vibrant culture.
- An attractive salary and allowances will be offered in line with your level of experience.
You’ll be prepared to:
- Travel where the work is.
- Work within a long-established and highly supportive ecology team.
- Collaborate closely with senior employees and directors.
- Mentor and support others to develop professionally.
- Have fun while delivering complex, challenging and large projects.
Niche’s ecology team works throughout the State to deliver diverse projects including impact assessment, offsetting projects and monitoring programs. Niche is a market leader in offsetting projects and have recently secured significant work in this area.
Niche Environment and Heritage is a leading multidisciplinary consultancy specialising in ecology and biodiversity, heritage management, environmental management and approvals and environmental offsetting. Established in 2009, Niche has successfully delivered more than 3000 projects to clients across Australia. Our 85+ strong team includes ecologists, botanists, archaeologists and environmental scientists.
Niche is a vibrant, flexible and well organised business that prides itself on caring for and supporting our staff. We have an excellent safety culture and trust our staff to make the right decisions to deliver projects from end to end. Our diverse and cross-discipline capacity provides the opportunity to work on a multitude of interesting projects across eastern Australia.
How to apply:
If you are interested in this fantastic career opportunity, please submit your application including a resume and cover letter addressing the key requirements via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Our recruitment process includes behavioural and medical testing.
COVID-19 vaccinations and the workplace: Niche is committed to the wellbeing of our staff, contractors and clients. In order to provide a safe workplace for all, Niche will be introducing a new policy which requires all employees to be fully vaccinated with an approved COVID-19 vaccine to access our offices and attend other Niche worksites (subject to any medical exemption). Evidence of vaccination will only be required during the onboarding process.
All applications will be treated with the strictest of confidence. Niche is an Equal Opportunity Employer, where diversity is embraced and we encourage qualified candidates of all differences to apply.
You must have the right to work in Australia to be considered for this role.