Senior Ecology Consultants x 2 – Brisbane or Cairns QLD
We are seeking two full-time Senior Ecologists to join our growing QLD based environmental consulting team. These roles provide specialist terrestrial ecological assessment, research and reports to our clients, lead field work, project management and business development tasks. Ideally, we would like roles to be based at our Cairns or Brisbane offices, but we are open to experienced and motivated people across QLD, including in the Darling Downs, Northern, Central and Southern QLD.
The experience our team needs:
- Strong technical project experience within terrestrial ecology and the ability to manage and lead multiple moderately complex projects within QLD
- At least 7 years’ experience as a technical specialist preparing comprehensive proposals, undertaking field-based surveys, data analysis and reporting, preferably in a commercial consulting capacity
- Experience in conducting flora and fauna surveys using relevant QLD and/or Commonwealth survey guidelines and experience with tropical botany, tropical ecosystem management, and bioregions of QLD
- Excellent communication skills and strong problem solving, analytical and report writing skills
- Experience in client relationship management and the willingness to participate in business development activities.
The qualifications you’ll bring:
- Tertiary qualifications in ecology, environmental science, or closely related discipline
- A Suitably Qualified Person as defined in the Queensland Nature Conservation Act 1992 required to undertake protected plant surveys
You’ll also have these key requirements
- We are looking to increase our capacity in the northern and far northern regions of QLD so applicants with existing industry connections in this location are strongly encouraged to apply
- Good interpersonal and excellent customer service and communication skills
- Ability to undertake extended periods of field work, sometimes in remote locations
- Strong problem solving, analytical and conceptual skills
- QLD Construction Industry White Card and driver’s licence
Great conditions and salary on offer:
- Management support is available to ensure your growth within the business
- Flexible working options
- Professional learning and development
- Anniversary awards scheme
- Generous employee referral program
- Paid parental leave policy
- Employee Assistance Program
- Community engagement activities
Niche Environment and Heritage is a leading multidisciplinary consultancy specialising in heritage management, ecology and biodiversity, environmental management and approvals and environmental offsetting. Our 85+ strong team includes ecologists, botanists, environmental approvals specialists, archaeologists, and heritage architects.
Our QLD offices are in Brisbane and Cairns, with several of our team members working in the Sunshine Coast, Gold Coast and Ipswich regions. Our NSW operations include offices in Parramatta, Bulli and Port Macquarie with people also working in other strategic locations across regional NSW.
Established in 2009, and operating in QLD since 2012, Niche has successfully delivered more than 3000+ projects to clients across eastern Australia. Niche has an excellent safety culture, and our cross-discipline capacity provides the opportunity to work on a multitude of interesting projects across eastern Australia.
How to apply:
If you are interested in this career opportunity, please submit your application including a resume and cover letter addressing the key requirements by email to email@example.com
COVID-19 vaccinations and the workplace: Niche is committed to the wellbeing of our staff, contractors and clients. In order to provide a safe workplace for all, Niche will be introducing a new policy which requires all employees to be fully vaccinated with an approved COVID-19 vaccine to access our offices and attend other Niche worksites (subject to any medical exemption). Evidence of vaccination will only be required during the onboarding process.
All applications will be treated with the strictest of confidence. Niche is an Equal Opportunity Employer, where diversity is embraced, and we encourage qualified candidates of all differences to apply. Current working rights to work in Australia are required for this role.