Senior Ecology Consultant – Cairns QLD
We are seeking a full-time Senior Ecologist to join our growing QLD based environment team. Based at our Cairns office, this role will see you providing specialist terrestrial ecological assessment, research and reports to our clients, field work, project management and business development.
The experience our team needs:
- Strong technical project experience within terrestrial ecology and the ability to manage and lead multiple moderately complex projects within QLD
- At least 7 years’ experience as a technical specialist preparing comprehensive proposals, undertaking field-based surveys, data analysis and reporting, preferably in a commercial consulting capacity
- Experience in conducting flora and fauna surveys using relevant QLD and/or Commonwealth survey guidelines and experience with tropical botany, tropical ecosystem management, and bioregions of northern QLD
- Excellent communication skills and strong problem solving, analytical and report writing skills
- Experience in client relationship management and the willingness to participate in business development activities.
The qualifications you’ll bring:
- Tertiary qualifications in ecology, environmental science, or closely related discipline
- A Suitably Qualified Person as defined in the Queensland Nature Conservation Act 1992 required to undertaken protected plant surveys
You’ll also have these key requirements
- There will be a focus onincreasing our capacity in the northern and far northern regions of QLD so applicants with existing industry connections in this location are strongly encouraged to apply.
- Good interpersonal and excellent customer service and communication skills
- Ability to undertake extended periods of field work, sometimes in remote locations.
- Strong problem solving, analytical and conceptual skills.
- QLD Construction Industry White Card and driver’s licence.
Great conditions and salary on offer:
- An attractive salary and allowances will be offered
- Management support is available to ensure your growth within the business
- Flexible working options
- Professional learning and development
- Anniversary awards scheme
- Generous employee referral program
- Paid parental leave policy
- Employee Assistance Program
- Community engagement activities
Niche Environment and Heritage is a leading multidisciplinary consultancy specializing in ecology and biodiversity, heritage management, environmental management and approvals and environmental offsetting.
Our 80+ strong team includes ecologists, botanists, environmental approvals specialists, archaeologists, and heritage architects. Our QLD offices are in Brisbane and Cairns, with several of our team members working in the Sunshine Coast, Gold Coast and Ipswich regions. Our NSW operations include offices in Parramatta, Bulli and Port Macquarie with people also working in other strategic locations across regional NSW.
Established in 2009, and operating in QLD since 2012, Niche has successfully delivered more than 2800+ projects to clients across eastern Australia. Niche has an excellent safety culture, and our cross-discipline capacity provides the opportunity to work on a multitude of interesting projects across eastern Australia.
How to apply:
If you are interested in this career opportunity, please submit your application including a resume and cover letter addressing the key requirements via the Apply Now button by close of business on 1 October 2021.
All applications will be treated with the strictest of confidence. Niche is an Equal Opportunity Employer, where diversity is embraced, and we encourage qualified candidates of all differences to apply. Current working rights to work in Australia are required for this role.