Ecology Consultant – NSW flexible location
We are seeking a motivated mid-level Ecology Consultant to join our team, ideally someone with 5 years or more experience in the NRM industry (or equivalent) with some consultancy experience. The role is responsible for providing ecological advice to clients based on field survey, research and within the context of the legislative framework in NSW.
We’re flexible on location:
This position is ordinarily based in Parramatta or Wollongong, however with active projects over most of NSW, work from home based from a regional location (e.g. Wagga/Riverina, Canberra/ACT, Dubbo/Central NSW) is also supported for the right applicant.
Requirements to be successful:
- A relevant Bachelor-level university degree in the field of Ecology, Environmental Science, Botany, or another relevant discipline.
- Practical experience of 5+ years undertaking field-based surveys, data analysis and reporting, preferably at least partly in a consulting capacity.
- Willingness to travel throughout NSW to perform fieldwork campaigns.
- Experience in preparing ecological reports such as impact assessments BDAR’s, FFAs and monitoring programs.
- Strong working knowledge of relevant NSW and Commonwealth environmental legislation and planning policies.
- Vegetation community identification experience across NSW would be an advantage, along with associated botanical skills.
- An existing BAM accreditation is an advantage, alternatively, the desire and capacity to become BAM accredited based on your existing experience.
- Offsetting skills such as experience with TFD calculations, offset strategies, BSSAR’s, monitoring reports and management plans would be advantageous.
Great conditions and salary on offer:
- Travel throughout NSW for fieldwork campaigns.
- Senior support is available to ensure you can grow in your role with us.
- Anniversary awards scheme.
- Generous employee referral program.
- Professional learning and development.
- Employee Assistance Program.
- Mentoring program.
- Flexible working options
- Paid maternity leave policy
- Community engagement activities.
- An attractive salary and allowances will be offered in line with your level of experience.
Niche’s ecology team works throughout the State to deliver diverse projects including impact assessment, offsetting projects and monitoring programs. Niche is a market leader in offsetting projects and have recently secured significant work in this area.
Niche Environment and Heritage is a leading multidisciplinary consultancy specialising in ecology and biodiversity, heritage management, environmental management and approvals and environmental offsetting. Established in 2009, Niche has successfully delivered more than 2300 projects to clients across Australia. Our 60+strong team includes ecologists, botanists, archaeologists and environmental scientists.
Niche is a vibrant, flexible and well organised business that prides itself in caring for and supporting our employees. We have an excellent safety culture and trust our employees to make the right decisions to deliver projects from end to end. Our diverse and cross-discipline capacity provides the opportunity to work on a multitude of interesting projects across eastern Australia.
How to apply:
If you are interested in this fantastic career opportunity, please read the position description and then submit your application including a resume and cover letter addressing the key requirements via the Apply Now button by close of business on 26 February 2021. Our recruitment process includes behavioural and medical testing.
All applications will be treated with the strictest of confidence. Niche is an Equal Opportunity Employer, where diversity is embraced and we encourage qualified candidates of all differences to apply. You must have the right to work in Australia to be considered for this role.