Ecology Consultants x 2 – Parramatta or Wollongong NSW
We are seeking two motivated mid-level Ecology Consultants to join our team. You will ideally have at least 3 years or more experience in the NRM industry with some consultancy experience. The role is responsible for providing ecological advice to clients based on field survey, research and within the context of the legislative framework in NSW.
This position is ordinarily based in Parramatta or Wollongong, however with active projects over most of NSW, work from home from a regional NSW location would be considered.
Requirements to be successful:
- A relevant Bachelor-level university degree in the field of Ecology, Environmental Science, Botany, or another relevant discipline.
- Practical experience of 3+ years undertaking field-based surveys, data analysis and reporting, preferably at least partly in a consulting capacity.
- Willingness to travel throughout NSW to perform fieldwork campaigns.
- Experience in preparing ecological reports, which may include: impact assessments (BDARs and FFAs), monitoring reports, and Biodiversity Stewardship Site Assessments (BSSARs).
- Strong working knowledge of relevant NSW and Commonwealth environmental legislation and planning policies.
- Vegetation community identification experience across NSW would be an advantage, along with associated botanical skills.
- An existing BAM accreditation is an advantage, alternatively, the desire and capacity to become BAM accredited based on your existing experience.
Great conditions and salary on offer:
- Travel throughout NSW for fieldwork campaigns
- Senior support is available to ensure you can grow in your career with us
- Flexible working options
- Anniversary awards scheme
- Generous employee referral program
- Professional learning and development
- Employee Assistance Program
- Mentoring program
- Paid parental leave policy
- Community fundraising events and a vibrant culture
- An attractive salary and allowances will be offered in line with your level of experience
Niche’s ecology team works throughout the State to deliver diverse projects including impact assessment, offsetting projects and monitoring programs. Niche is a market leader in offsetting projects and have recently secured significant work in this area.
Niche Environment and Heritage is a leading multidisciplinary consultancy specialising in ecology and biodiversity, heritage management, environmental management and approvals and environmental offsetting. Established in 2009, Niche has successfully delivered more than 2800 projects to clients across Australia. Our 75+ strong team includes ecologists, botanists, archaeologists and environmental scientists.
Niche is a vibrant, flexible and well organised business that prides itself in caring for and supporting our employees. We have an excellent safety culture and trust our employees to make the right decisions to deliver projects from end to end. Our diverse and cross-discipline capacity provides the opportunity to work on a multitude of interesting projects across eastern Australia.
How to apply:
If you are interested in this fantastic career opportunity, please submit your application including a resume and cover letter addressing the key requirements via the Apply Now button before the close of business on 8 July 2021. Our recruitment process includes behavioural and medical testing.
All applications will be treated with the strictest of confidence. Niche is an Equal Opportunity Employer, where diversity is embraced and we encourage qualified candidates of all differences to apply. You must have the right to work in Australia to be considered for this role.