Ecology Consultant (Botanist) – Parramatta NSW
We have an exciting Botanist position available for someone with strong flora identification skills to join our growing team.
We’re flexible on location
Work from our Sydney head office at Parramatta, or discuss being work-from-home based with us (flexible work arrangements are currently in place with covid-19).
Qualifications and experience:
- A degree in Ecology, Environmental Science, Botany, or another relevant discipline.
- Practical experience with 5-6 years undertaking field-based surveys, data analysis and reporting, preferably in a consulting capacity.
- Flora Identification and extensive experience undertaking ecological survey in the vegetation communities of NSW.
Skills and knowledge you’ll bring to our projects:
- An existing BAM accreditation is an advantage. Alternatively, the desire and capacity to become BAM accredited based on your existing experience will also be an advantage.
- Experience in preparing ecological reports such as BSSARs, BDARs and experience with TFD calculations, ecological impact assessments, monitoring reports and management plans.
- Solid working knowledge of relevant NSW and Commonwealth environmental legislation and planning policies.
- Readiness to complete field work as required.
- Strong communication skills, interpersonal and time management skills with the ability to work collaboratively.
You’ll be prepared to:
- Travel where the work is.
- Work in and with a long-established and highly supportive ecology team.
- Collaborate closely with senior employees.
- Have fun while delivering complex, challenging and large projects.
Great conditions and salary on offer:
- Senior support is available to ensure you can grow in your role with us.
- Anniversary awards scheme.
- Generous employee referral program.
- Professional learning and development.
- Employee Assistance Program.
- Mentoring program.
- Annual employee retreat.
- Community fundraising events and a vibrant culture.
- An attractive salary and allowances will be offered in line with your level of experience.
Niche Environment and Heritage is a leading multidisciplinary consultancy specialising in ecology and biodiversity, heritage management, environmental management and approvals and environmental offsetting. Established in 2009, Niche has successfully delivered more than 2000 projects to clients across Australia. Our 60+strong team includes ecologists, botanists, archaeologists and environmental scientists.
Niche is a vibrant, flexible and well organised business that prides itself in caring for and supporting our employees. We have an excellent safety culture and trust our employees to make the right decisions to deliver projects from end to end. Our diverse and cross-discipline capacity provides the opportunity to work on a multitude of interesting projects across eastern Australia.
How to apply:
If you are interested in this fantastic career opportunity, please read the position description and then submit your application including a resume and cover letter addressing the key requirements to email@example.com by close of business on 5 February 2021. Our recruitment process includes behavioural and medical testing.
All applications will be treated with the strictest of confidence. Niche is an Equal Opportunity Employer, where diversity is embraced and we encourage qualified candidates of all differences to apply. You must have the right to work in Australia to be considered for this role.