Ecology Consultant (Botanist) – Parramatta NSW
We are seeking a motivated and enthusiastic Ecologist with strong flora identification skills. The successful candidate will work with our NSW Ecology team from our Parramatta Office. We are seeking someone with 3 years’ experience in the environmental consulting industry.
Requirements to be successful:
- A relevant Bachelor-level university degree in the field of Ecology, Environmental Science, Botany, or another relevant discipline.
- A minimum of 3 years practical experience undertaking field-based surveys, data analysis and reporting in a consulting capacity.
- Experience undertaking ecological survey in the vegetation communities of NSW.
- Working knowledge of relevant NSW and Commonwealth environmental legislation and planning policies.
- Previous experience in preparing ecological reports such as ecological impact assessments, monitoring reports and management plans.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team of professionals.
- Ability to work outdoors in field locations and a willingness to travel is essential.
- A full current NSW driver’s licence.
- NSW White Card (CIC), First Aid certificate and experience with using tablets, laptops, digital cameras, and Microsoft 0365 are desirable.
Great conditions and salary on offer:
- Senior support is available to ensure you can grow in your role with us.
- Anniversary awards scheme.
- Generous employee referral program.
- Professional learning and development.
- Employee Assistance Program.
- Mentoring program.
- Flexible working options
- Paid maternity leave policy
- Community engagement activities.
- An attractive salary and allowances will be offered in line with your level of experience.
Niche Environment and Heritage is a leading multidisciplinary consultancy specialising in ecology and biodiversity, heritage management, environmental management and approvals and environmental offsetting. Established in 2009, Niche has successfully delivered more than 2300 projects to clients across Australia. Our 60+strong team includes ecologists, botanists, archaeologists and environmental scientists.
Niche is a vibrant, flexible and well organised business that prides itself in caring for and supporting our employees. We have an excellent safety culture and trust our employees to make the right decisions to deliver projects from end to end. Our diverse and cross-discipline capacity provides the opportunity to work on a multitude of interesting projects across eastern Australia.
How to apply:
If you are interested in this fantastic career opportunity, please read the position description and then submit your application including a resume and cover letter addressing the key requirements via the Apply Now button by close of business on 5 February 2021. Our recruitment process includes behavioural and medical testing.
All applications will be treated with the strictest of confidence. Niche is an Equal Opportunity Employer, where diversity is embraced and we encourage qualified candidates of all differences to apply. You must have the right to work in Australia to be considered for this role.