Ecology Consultant – Brisbane QLD
We are seeking a motivated and enthusiastic Ecology Consultant to join our QLD Environment team. The role is responsible for providing technical ecological assessment, research and advice, contributing to project management, and conducting ecological field work. The successful candidate will ideally work from our Brisbane office though flexible working arrangements will also be considered.
We are seeking someone with at least 3 years of technical experience, with a strong interest and developing skillset in flora identification in the QLD environment. Experience of 3+ years undertaking field-based surveys, preparing impact assessment, monitoring and/or ecological monitoring reports in a consulting environment would be looked upon favourably. The ability and willingness to travel to remote work locations, as required, would be highly regarded.
Working knowledge of and experience with local, State and Commonwealth legislation relating to the environment in QLD, particularly the Environmental Protection Act 1994, Vegetation Management Act 1999, Nature Conservation Act 1992, and Environment Protection and Biodiversity Conservation Act 1999 (Cth), is critical to this role. You will get to work independently and as part of a team technical professionals to deliver high quality work.
- Tertiary qualifications, a degree/undergraduate degree or postgraduate qualification, preferably in ecology, biology, environmental science, environmental management or another relevant qualification in a directly related field.
- Strong problem solving, analytical and conceptual skills.
- Good interpersonal and excellent customer service and communication skills.
- Proficient experience with using the Microsoft Office Suite of products.
- Willingness to undertake extended periods of field work, sometimes in remote locations.
- QLD White Card (CIC) and driver’s licence.
- First Aid certificate (desirable).
Great conditions and salary on offer:
- Senior support is available to ensure you can grow in your role with us.
- Anniversary awards scheme.
- Generous employee referral program.
- Professional learning and development.
- Employee assistance program.
- Mentoring program.
- Flexible working options.
- Paid parental leave policy.
- Community engagement activities.
- An attractive salary and allowances will be offered in line with your level of experience.
Niche Environment and Heritage is a leading multidisciplinary consultancy specialising in ecology and biodiversity, heritage management, environmental management and approvals and environmental offsetting. Established in 2009, Niche has successfully delivered more than 3000 projects to clients across Australia. Our 85+strong team includes ecologists, botanists, archaeologists and environmental scientists.
Niche is a vibrant, flexible and well organised business that prides itself in caring for and supporting our employees. We have an excellent safety culture and trust our employees to make the right decisions to deliver projects from end to end. Our diverse and cross-discipline capacity provides the opportunity to work on a multitude of interesting projects across eastern Australia.
How to apply:
If you are interested in this fantastic career opportunity, please submit your application including a resume and cover letter addressing the key requirements via email to email@example.com.
Our recruitment process includes behavioural and medical testing.
COVID-19 vaccinations and the workplace
Niche is committed to the wellbeing of its staff, contractors and clients. In order to provide a safe workplace for all, Niche has in place, a Policy requiring all employees to be fully vaccinated with an approved COVID-19 vaccine to access our offices and attend other Niche worksites (subject to any medical exemption). Evidence of vaccination will only be required for during the onboarding process.
All applications will be treated with the strictest of confidence. Niche is an Equal Opportunity Employer, where diversity is embraced and we encourage qualified candidates of all differences to apply. You must have the right to work in Australia to be considered for this role.