Ecology Consultant – Brisbane QLD
We are seeking a motivated and enthusiastic Ecology Consultant. The role is responsible for providing technical ecological assessment, research and advice, contributing to project management, and conducting field work. The successful candidate will work with our QLD Ecology team from our Brisbane office. We are seeking someone with 1-3 years of technical experience and 1-3 years in the consulting industry managing a diverse project portfolio.
Requirements to be successful:
- Tertiary qualifications, a degree/undergraduate degree or postgraduate qualification, preferably in ecology, biology, environmental science, environmental management or another relevant qualification in a directly related field.
- A minimum of 1-3 years practical experience undertaking field-based surveys, data analysis and reporting, preferably in a consulting capacity.
- Experience conducting flora and/or fauna surveys using relevant Qld and/or Commonwealth survey guidelines.
- Previous experience in preparing ecological reports such as ecological impact assessments, monitoring reports and management plans.
- Working knowledge of local, State and Commonwealth legislation relating to the environment in QLD, particularly the Environmental Protection Act 1994, Vegetation Management Act 1999, Nature Conservation Act 1992, and Environment Protection and Biodiversity Conservation Act 1999 (Cth).
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team of professionals.
- Strong problem solving, analytical and conceptual skills.
- Good interpersonal and excellent customer service and communication skills.
- Proficient experience with using the Microsoft Office Suite of products.
- Willingness to undertake extended periods of field work, sometimes in remote locations.
- QLD White Card (CIC) and driver’s licence.
- First Aid certificate (desirable).
Great conditions and salary on offer:
- Senior support is available to ensure you can grow in your role with us.
- Anniversary awards scheme.
- Generous employee referral program.
- Professional learning and development.
- Employee assistance program.
- Mentoring program.
- Flexible working options.
- Paid maternity leave policy.
- Community engagement activities.
- An attractive salary and allowances will be offered in line with your level of experience.
Niche Environment and Heritage is a leading multidisciplinary consultancy specialising in ecology and biodiversity, heritage management, environmental management and approvals and environmental offsetting. Established in 2009, Niche has successfully delivered more than 2300 projects to clients across Australia. Our 60+strong team includes ecologists, botanists, archaeologists and environmental scientists.
Niche is a vibrant, flexible and well organised business that prides itself in caring for and supporting our employees. We have an excellent safety culture and trust our employees to make the right decisions to deliver projects from end to end. Our diverse and cross-discipline capacity provides the opportunity to work on a multitude of interesting projects across eastern Australia.
How to apply:
If you are interested in this fantastic career opportunity, please read the position description and then submit your application including a resume and cover letter addressing the key requirements via the Apply Now button, by close of business on 18 January 2021. Our recruitment process includes behavioural and medical testing.
All applications will be treated with the strictest of confidence. Niche is an Equal Opportunity Employer, where diversity is embraced and we encourage qualified candidates of all differences to apply. You must have the right to work in Australia to be considered for this role.