Heritage Consultant – Brisbane or Cairns QLD
Niche Environment and Heritage is a leading multidisciplinary consultancy specialising in heritage management, ecology and biodiversity, environmental management and approvals and environmental offsetting. Established in 2009, Niche has successfully delivered more than 2000 projects to clients across Australia. Our 50-strong team includes ecologists, botanists, archaeologists, and environmental scientists. Niche is a vibrant, flexible and well organised business that prides itself on caring for and supporting our staff. We have an excellent safety culture and trust our staff to make the right decisions to deliver projects from end to end. Our diverse and cross-discipline capacity provides the opportunity to work on a multitude of interesting projects across eastern Australia.
Due to strong growth we are seeking a motivated and enthusiastic Heritage Consultant. The successful candidate will work with our QLD Heritage team from our Brisbane or Cairns offices. We are seeking someone with minimum 3 years industry experience.
Requirements to be successful:
- Degree qualification in Australian archaeology, anthropology, cultural heritage management or a related field
- A minimum of 3 years of practical experience undertaking field-based surveys, data analysis, reporting, preferably in a consulting capacity
- Demonstrated understanding of Queensland’s primary cultural heritage legislation and associated policy and guidelines, particularly the Aboriginal Cultural Heritage Act 2003, the Duty of Care Guidelines 2004 and the Queensland Heritage Act 1992
- Experience in Aboriginal and/or historical cultural heritage, particularly in QLD
- Experience in preparing technical reports and documents associated with a desktop and field-based assessments
- Strong problem solving, analytical and conceptual skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team of professionals
- Ability to work outdoors and a willingness to travel to field locations throughout QLD
- Good interpersonal, excellent customer service and communication skills
- QLD White Card (CIC) and driver’s licence
- First Aid certificate (desirable)
- Ongoing professional development
- Employee Assistance Program
- Mentoring program
- Mobile phone, laptop and corporate credit card
- Annual employee retreat
- Community fundraising events and a vibrant culture
- An attractive salary and allowances will be offered in line with your level of experience
If you are interested in this fantastic career opportunity, please read the position description and submit your application including a resume and cover letter addressing the key requirements via the “Apply Now” button by close of business on Tuesday 21 July 2020.
All applications will be treated with the strictest of confidence. Niche is an Equal Opportunity Employer, where diversity is embraced and we encourage qualified candidates of all differences to apply.
You must have the right to work in Australia to be considered for this role.