Principal Environmental Approvals Consultant – NSW (location flexible)
About the role:
We are seeking an experienced Principal Environmental Approvals consultant to join our fast-paced NSW Environmental Approvals team in a full-time position.
Ideally you will hold 12+ years’ experience with relevant State and Commonwealth legislation as relevant to the linear infrastructure, utilities and energy sectors.
You’ll be provided autonomy to lead delivery of challenging and exciting projects across NSW, whilst being supported by a professional and welcoming team.
The qualifications and experience we need:
- A relevant Bachelor-level university degree in environmental science, environmental management, environmental planning, resource management, environmental engineering or another relevant discipline.
- Significant knowledge of local, State and Commonwealth legislation relating to environmental management in NSW and other jurisdictions in Australia.
- Excellent knowledge of NSW planning approvals pathways, specifically REFs and EMPs in the linear infrastructure, utilities and energy sectors.
- Experienced in preparing project budgets and proposals; delivering review of environmental factors (REF), environmental constraints assessments, statements of environmental effects (SEE), including post approval modifications, monitoring and management plans.
- Established industry connections within the NSW linear infrastructure, utilities and energy sectors to assist in the growth of our environmental approvals business.
We’re flexible on location:
- Our offices are located in Sydney CBD, Parramatta and Bulli.
- We have a flexible working environment at Niche and are open to discussing your individual needs.
You’ll be prepared to:
- Collaborate closely with your approvals discipline manager to support the environmental approvals team members, direct and manage complex, large, medium and small projects.
- Develop client relationships and build new relationships, leveraging your own and Niche’s network to bring in work.
- Travel where the work is, including working outdoors, traveling to field locations as required.
- Mentor and support others to develop professionally.
- Have fun while delivering complex, challenging and large projects.
What you’ll receive in return:
- In return you will get the opportunity to work on some complex, challenging and exciting projects across NSW, whilst being supported by a professional and welcoming team.
- You will be given a lot of autonomy and exposure to projects from the beginning.
Great conditions and salary on offer:
- Highly competitive salary which is negotiable for the right candidate.
- Flexible work arrangements which can be discussed to suit your needs .
- Professional learning and development/memberships to appropriate bodies for the role.
- Novated car leasing scheme.
- Anniversary awards scheme.
- Generous employee referral program.
- Employee Assistance Program.
- Mentoring program.
- Annual employee retreat.
- Community fundraising events and a vibrant supportive culture.
Our 100+ strong team includes archaeologists, heritage architects, ecologists, botanists, and environmental engineers, who are in Sydney, Illawarra and across regional New South Wales and in Queensland.
Niche Environment and Heritage is a leading multidisciplinary consultancy specialising in heritage management, ecology and biodiversity, environmental management and approvals and environmental offsetting.
Established in 2009, Niche has successfully delivered more than 3000+ projects to clients across Australia. Niche has an excellent safety culture, and our cross-discipline capacity provides the opportunity to work on a multitude of interesting projects across eastern Australia.
How to apply:
If you are interested in this fantastic career opportunity, please submit your application including a resume and cover letter addressing the key requirements via the Apply Now button.
All applications will be treated with the strictest of confidence. Niche is an Equal Opportunity Employer, where diversity is embraced, and we encourage qualified candidates of all differences to apply.
You must have the right to work in Australia to be considered for this role.