Senior Historical Archaeology Consultant – Parramatta NSW
Niche Environment and Heritage is a leading multidisciplinary consultancy specialising in heritage management, ecology and biodiversity, environmental management and approvals and environmental offsetting. Established in 2009, Niche has successfully delivered more than 2000 projects to clients across Australia. Our 50-strong team includes archaeologists, heritage consultants, ecologists, botanists and environmental engineers.
Niche has an excellent safety culture and our cross-discipline capacity provides the opportunity to work on a multitude of interesting projects across eastern Australia.
We are seeking a motivated and enthusiastic Senior Historical Heritage Consultant. The successful candidate will work with our NSW historical heritage team and be based in Sydney, working from our Parramatta offices. We are seeking someone with 7+ years’ technical experience and 5 years in the consulting industry managing a diverse project portfolio.
Requirements to be successful:
- A relevant Bachelor-level university degree with Honours (minimum). A concentration in the field of Historical Archaeology is desirable.
- At least 7 years’ experience working on historical heritage projects, particularly within NSW, in a consulting capacity.
- Excellent knowledge, understanding and experience with relevant NSW heritage legislation, particularly the Heritage Act 1977, its regulations, and associated statutory guidelines and codes of practice. A strong desire to become an excavation director and/or have relevant experience in accordance with the new Heritage Council of NSW Criteria for assessing Excavation Directors
- Excellent analytical, conceptual and assessment skills, together with strong professional experience.
- Production of pre-approval technical reports including histories, significance assessments and impact assessments and the preparation of post-excavation reports.
- Willingness to provide mentoring to Niche junior heritage consultants.
- Excellent communication skills, strong interpersonal skills and time management skills.
- Precise attention to detail and ability to produce professional quality deliverables on time and on budget.
- Experience with using tablets, laptops, digital cameras, and the Microsoft 0365 are desirable.
- Ability to work outdoors and a willingness to travel to field locations throughout Australia for periods of time.
- A full current NSW driver’s licence.
- NSW White Card (CIC) and First Aid certificate (desirable).
- Flexible work options
- Ongoing professional development
- Mobile phone, laptop & corporate credit card supplied
- Mentoring program
- Annual employee retreat
- Community fundraising events and a vibrant culture
- An attractive salary and allowances will be offered commensurate with your level of experience
If you are interested in this fantastic career opportunity, please read the position description and submit your application including a resume and cover letter addressing the key requirements via the “Apply Now” button by close of business on Tuesday 17 December 2019.
You must have the right to work in Australia to be considered for this role.
All applications will be treated with the strictest of confidence. Niche is an Equal Opportunity Employer, where diversity is embraced and we encourage qualified candidates of all differences to apply.