Senior Heritage Consultant
We are seeking an experienced Senior Heritage Consultant to join our NSW historical heritage team based in our Parramatta offices.
Senior Heritage Consultant: Archaeology
- A relevant Bachelor-level university degree with Honours (minimum). With a concentration in the field of Historical Archaeology.
- 7 years’ consulting experience working on historical heritage projects, particularly within NSW.
- Excellent knowledge, understanding and experience with relevant NSW heritage legislation, particularly the Heritage Act 1977, its regulations, and associated statutory guidelines and codes of practice.
- A distinct advantage if you are a recognised Excavation Director.
- Or you have the passion, dedication and (hold most of) the relevant experience to meet the Heritage Council of NSW Criteria for assessing Excavation Directors – we will help you gain the experience!
To step into this role, you will also have these key requirements:
- Excellent communication skills, strong interpersonal and time management skills.
- Willingness to provide mentoring to junior heritage team members.
- Capability to bring in work from your own network.
- Precise attention to detail and ability to produce professional quality deliverables on time and on budget.
- Strong analytical, conceptual and assessment skills, together with strong professional experience.
- Ability to work outdoors and a willingness to travel to field locations throughout Australia for periods of time.
- A full current NSW driver’s licence.
- Experience with using tablets, laptops, digital cameras, and Microsoft 0365 are desirable.
- NSW White Card (CIC) and First Aid certificate are desirable.
Niche Environment and Heritage is a leading multidisciplinary consultancy specialising in heritage management, ecology and biodiversity, environmental management and approvals and environmental offsetting. Established in 2009, Niche has successfully delivered more than 2000 projects to clients across Australia. Our 50-strong team includes archaeologists, heritage consultants, ecologists, botanists and environmental engineers.
Niche has an excellent safety culture and our cross-discipline capacity provides the opportunity to work on a multitude of interesting projects across eastern Australia.
- Ongoing professional development
- Mobile phone, laptop and corporate credit card supplied
- Varied projects and clients
- Annual employee retreat
- Community fundraising events and a vibrant culture
- An attractive salary and allowances will be offered commensurate with your level of experience.
How to apply
A detailed position description is available to download below.
If you are interested in this fantastic career opportunity, please submit your application including a resume and cover letter addressing the key requirements via the Apply Now button by close of business on Monday 9 Marrch 2020.
All applications will be treated with the strictest of confidence. Niche is an Equal Opportunity Employer, where diversity is embraced, and we encourage qualified candidates of all differences to apply.
You must have the right to work in Australia to be considered for this role.