Cultural Heritage Consultant – Parramatta or Wollongong NSW
Niche Environment and Heritage is a leading multidisciplinary consultancy specialising in ecology and biodiversity, heritage management, environmental management and approvals and environmental offsetting. Established in 2009, Niche has successfully delivered more than 2000 projects to clients across Australia. Our 50-strong team includes ecologists, botanists, archaeologists and environmental engineers.
Niche is a vibrant, flexible and well organised business that prides itself in caring for and supporting our staff. We have an excellent safety culture and trust our staff to make the right decisions to deliver projects from end to end. Our diverse and cross-discipline capacity provides the opportunity to work on a multitude of interesting projects across eastern Australia.
Due to our strong growth Niche is seeking a driven Aboriginal Cultural Heritage Consultant. The successful candidate will work with our experienced NSW Aboriginal heritage team and be based either our Parramatta or Wollongong offices. We are seeking someone with 4-6 years’ technical experience in the consulting industry. The successful candidate will have a professional focus and demonstrated experience with Aboriginal cultural heritage projects.
Requirements to be successful:
- A relevant Bachelor-level university degree with Honours (minimum). With a concentration in the field of Aboriginal Heritage being desirable. Continued commitment to professional development (post graduate study would be advantageous)
- 4 years’ experience working on and project managing Aboriginal Cultural Heritage Assessments in a consulting capacity (essential)
- Previous completion of compliant Aboriginal Cultural Heritage Assessments in accordance with the New South Wales National Parks and Wildlife Regulation 2009 and associated codes and guidelines
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team of professionals
- Excellent problem solving, analytical and conceptual and technical report writing skills
- Excellent communication skills with a strong working relationship with Aboriginal communities
- Strong interpersonal and excellent customer service skills to establish and maintain a core customer base
- Attention to detail and ability to produce high quality deliverables on time and within budget
- Experience with using GPS, tablets, laptop, digital cameras, and the Microsoft Office Suite of products
- Ability to work outdoors in field locations is essential and a willingness to travel to locations throughout Australia for periods of time
- A current driver’s licence
- NSW White Card (CIC) and Senior First Aid certificate (desirable)
- Mentoring program
- Mobile phone, laptop & corporate credit card
- Annual employee retreat
- Community fundraising events and a vibrant culture
- Flexible work options
- Ongoing professional development
- An attractive salary and allowances will be offered commensurate with your level of experience
If you are interested in this fantastic career opportunity, please submit your application including a resume and cover letter addressing the key requirements via the “Apply” button.
You must have the right to work in Australia to be considered for this role.
All applications will be treated with the strictest of confidence. Niche is an Equal Opportunity Employer, where diversity is embraced and we encourage qualified candidates of all differences to apply.