We are seeking a motivated Senior Built Heritage Consultant. The successful candidate will work with our NSW historical heritage team and be based in NSW – the location is flexible. We are seeking someone with at least 6 years of technical experience managing a diverse project portfolio.
In this role, your principal responsibilities include:
- Tertiary qualifications in Architecture, heritage conservation, planning or a related discipline with a specific focus on heritage, building conservation and/or adaptive reuse are preferred.
- At least 6 years of experience working on built heritage projects, particularly within NSW.
- Sound knowledge of the Building Code of Australia, the National Construction Code, the Heritage Act 1977 and the International Council of Monuments and Sites Burra Charter (2013).
- Ability to provide compliant built heritage advice, undertake heritage research, site inspections and fabric analysis, significance and impact assessments, conservation services, schedules of maintenance and works, and interpretation strategies.
- Sound ability to provide independent specialist advice on built heritage, architecture and the conservation of heritage place assessments involving considerations of legislative compliance, auditing, conservation and archival recording projects, and ensuring all legislative obligations for our clients are met.
- Experience in preparing various types of heritage assessments for the NSW heritage team, particularly, but not limited to Statements of Heritage Impact and Conservation Management Plans for projects associated with the built environment.
Key requirements you will need to be successful:
- High-quality professional writing skills with meticulous attention to detail.
- Precise attention to detail and ability to produce professional-quality deliverables on time and on budget.
- Strong analytical, conceptual and assessment skills, together with strong professional experience.
- Strong communication skills, interpersonal skills and time management skills.
- Ability and desire to mentor and support junior staff.
- Experience with using tablets, laptops, digital cameras, and Microsoft 0365.
- Ability to work outdoors and a willingness to travel to field locations throughout New South Wales for periods of time.
- A full current NSW driver’s licence.
- First Aid certificate (desirable).
You will be prepared to:
- Have fun while delivering a complex, challenging and large project.
- Collaborate closely with ecology team members.
Great conditions and salary on offer:
- Senior support is available to ensure you can grow in your role with us.
- Flexible work arrangements which can be discussed to suit your needs.
- Professional learning & development/memberships to appropriate bodies for the role.
- Novated Car leasing scheme.
- Anniversary awards scheme.
- Paid parental leave.
- Generous employee referral program.
- Employee Assistance Program.
- Mentoring program.
- Annual employee retreat.
- Community fundraising events and vibrant supportive culture
Our 85+ strong team includes archaeologists, heritage architects, ecologists, botanists, and environmental engineers, who are in Sydney, Illawarra and across regional New South Wales and Queensland.
Niche Environment and Heritage is a leading multidisciplinary consultancy specialising in heritage management, ecology and biodiversity, environmental management and approvals and environmental offsetting.
Established in 2009, Niche has successfully delivered more than 3000+ projects to clients across Australia. Niche has an excellent safety culture, and our cross-discipline capacity provides the opportunity to work on a multitude of interesting projects across eastern Australia.
How to apply:
If you are interested in this fantastic career opportunity, please submit your application including a resume and cover letter addressing the key requirements via email@example.com
Our recruitment process includes behavioural and medical testing
All applications will be treated with the strictest of confidence. Niche is an Equal Opportunity Employer, where diversity is embraced. Niche welcomes applications from all suitably qualified candidates.
You must have the right to work in Australia to be considered for this role.
Senior Ecologists – Offsets/Conservation/Stewardship Sites – Parramatta/Wollongong/NSW (location flexible)
Botanists/Ecologists – Offsets/Conservation/Stewardship Sites – Parramatta/Wollongong/NSW (location flexible)
Find out more