We are seeking a motivated junior to mid-level Ecology Consultant to join our team, ideally someone with 1-3 years or more experience in the NRM industry.
The role is responsible for providing input into ecological advice to clients based on field survey, research and within the context of the legislative framework in NSW. The successful candidate will work with our NSW Ecology team from our Wollongong office.
Requirements to be successful:
- A relevant Bachelor-level university degree in the field of Ecology, Environmental Science, Botany, or another relevant discipline.
- Practical experience of 1-3 years undertaking field-based surveys, data analysis and reporting, (within a consulting capacity viewed favourably).
- Experience in preparing ecological reports such as impact assessments BDAR’s, FFAs or input into monitoring programs.
- Knowledge of relevant NSW and Commonwealth environmental legislation and planning policies.
- Vegetation community identification skills within NSW would be an advantage, along with botanical skills or fauna identification skills.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team of professionals.
Great conditions and salary on offer:
- Travel throughout NSW for fieldwork campaigns
- Senior support and mentoring are available to ensure you can grow in your career with us.
- Anniversary awards scheme.
- Generous employee referral program.
- Professional learning and development.
- Employee Assistance Program.
- Mentoring program.
- Flexible working options.
- Paid parental leave policy.
- Community fundraising events and a vibrant culture.
- An attractive salary and allowances will be offered in line with your level of experience.
Niche’s ecology team works throughout the State to deliver diverse projects including impact assessment, offsetting projects and monitoring programs. Niche is a market leader in offsetting projects and has recently secured significant work in this area.
Niche Environment and Heritage is a leading multidisciplinary consultancy specialising in ecology and biodiversity, heritage management, environmental management and approvals and environmental offsetting. Established in 2009, Niche has successfully delivered more than 2300 projects to clients across Australia. Our 60+strong team includes ecologists, botanists, archaeologists and environmental scientists.
Niche is a vibrant, flexible and well-organised business that prides itself in caring for and supporting our staff. We have an excellent safety culture and trust our staff to make the right decisions to deliver projects from end to end. Our diverse and cross-discipline capacity provides the opportunity to work on a multitude of interesting projects across eastern Australia.
How to apply:
If you are interested in this fantastic career opportunity, please submit your application including a resume and cover letter addressing the key requirements via firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our recruitment process includes behavioural and medical testing.
All applications will be treated with the strictest of confidence. Niche is an Equal Opportunity Employer, where diversity is embraced, and we encourage qualified candidates of all differences to apply. You must have the right to work in Australia to be considered for this role.
Find out more