We are seeking a motivated Geographic Information Systems (GIS) Consultant to join our team, ideally someone with 2 or more years’ GIS post degree experience. The successful candidate would have an excellent understanding of GIS. This position can be located at any one of our offices including Parramatta or Wollongong in NSW or Brisbane and Cairns in QLD.
About you requirements to be successful:
- Tertiary qualification from a recognised institution at undergraduate or postgraduate level with a major in GIS/IT or allied fields, 2+ years’ GIS experience post degree.
- Strong problem solving, analytical and conceptual skills.
- Demonstrated experience and competency with:
- ESRI ArcGIS Pro, ArcGIS Online or ArcGIS Enterprise technology
- Consulting projects
- NSW and/or QLD ecological and heritage spatial data
- Highly desirable:
- Experience preparing ecological and/or heritage maps.
- ArcGIS Field Maps solutions experience
- Ability to meet productivity targets and meet project budgets.
- Capability to work as part of a team of diverse professionals in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong communication, problem solving, analytical and conceptual skills.
- Proficient experience with laptop computers, smart-phones and the Microsoft Office Suite of products.
- First Aid certificate and full current driver’s license (desirable).
Great conditions and salary on offer:
- Senior support is available to ensure you can grow in your role with us.
- Anniversary awards scheme
- Generous employee referral program
- Professional learning and development
- Employee Assistance Program
- Flexible working options
- Paid parental leave policy
- Community engagement activities
- An attractive salary and allowances will be offered in line with your level of experience
Niche Environment and Heritage is a leading multidisciplinary consultancy specialising in ecology and biodiversity, heritage management, environmental management and approvals and environmental offsetting. Established in 2009, Niche has successfully delivered more than 3000+ projects to clients across Australia. Our 80+ strong team includes ecologists, botanists, archaeologists and environmental scientists. Niche is a vibrant, flexible and well organised business that prides itself in caring for and supporting our staff. We have an excellent safety culture and trust our staff to make the right decisions to deliver projects from end to end. Our diverse and cross-discipline capacity provides the opportunity to work on a multitude of interesting projects across eastern Australia.
How to Apply:
If you are interested in this fantastic career opportunity, please submit your application including a resume and cover letter addressing the key requirements via firstname.lastname@example.org . Our recruitment process includes behavioural and medical testing.
COVID-19 vaccinations and the workplace
Niche is committed to the wellbeing of its staff, contractors and clients. In order to provide a safe workplace for all, Niche has in place, a Policy requiring all employees to be fully vaccinated with an approved COVID-19 vaccine to access our offices and attend other Niche worksites (subject to any medical exemption). Evidence of vaccination will only be required for during the onboarding process.
All applications will be treated with the strictest of confidence. Niche is an Equal Opportunity Employer, where diversity is embraced, and we encourage qualified candidates of all differences to apply. You must have the right to work in Australia to be considered for this role.