Niche Environment and Heritage, in association with Bowditch Group, has been engaged by RMS to deliver specialist environmental services for several major road upgrade projects in the Hunter and Central Coast regions.
The M1 Pacific Motorway is currently one of the busiest transport corridors in Australia. With the future needs of road users in mind, the M1 Productivity Package has been funded by the Australian and NSW Governments and aims to cater for an expected increase in traffic due to growth in the Central Coast, Hunter and North Coast regions.
The M1 Productivity Package motorway upgrades consist of:
- M1 Pacific Motorway Upgrade – Tuggerah to Doyalson
- M1 Pacific Motorway Upgrade – Kariong to Somersby
- M1 Pacific Motorway Upgrade – Weakleys Drive and John Renshaw Drive Intersection (M1 Roundabout)
- Tourle Street and Cormorant Road, Kooragang Island
Niche’s multidisciplinary team has been chosen by RMS to deliver specialist ecology services, as well as Aboriginal and non-Aboriginal heritage expertise for the upgrades.
“Our team has the experience and the expertise to deliver high quality, accurate environmental services to major road projects, as evidenced by the RMS’ continued use of our services,” said Niche director and ecologist Dr Rhidian Harrington.
“We have significant local experience in the Hunter and Central Coast regions and detailed knowledge of the relevant federal and NSW legislation and how it applies to ecology and heritage.”
Niche is currently engaged as the lead environmental consultant on the Oxley Highway to Kempsey (OH2K) and Frederickton to Eungai (F2E) projects, and was the project ecologist for the recently opened Hunter Expressway.
Find out more:
- Environmental services for road projects.
- Case study: Project ecologist for the Hunter Expressway.
- Niche appointed lead consultants for OH2K.
To discuss how Niche can support your project, contact us.