Built Heritage Consultant – Parramatta NSW
Niche Environment and Heritage is a leading multidisciplinary consultancy specialising in heritage management, ecology and biodiversity, environmental management and approvals and environmental offsetting. Established in 2009, Niche has successfully delivered more than 2000 projects to clients across Australia. Our 50-strong team includes archaeologists, heritage architects, ecologists, botanists and environmental engineers.
Niche has an excellent safety culture and our cross-discipline capacity provides the opportunity to work on a multitude of interesting projects across eastern Australia.
We are seeking a motivated Built Heritage Consultant. The successful candidate will work with our NSW historical heritage team and be based in Sydney, working from our Parramatta offices. We are seeking someone with 5-6 years’ technical experience managing a diverse project portfolio.
Requirements to be successful:
- Tertiary qualifications in Architecture, heritage conservation, planning or a related discipline with a specific focus on heritage, building conservation and/or adaptive reuse preferred.
- At least 5-6 years’ experience working on built heritage projects, particularly within NSW
- Sound knowledge of the Building Code of Australia, the National Construction Code, the Heritage Act 1977 and the International Council of Monuments and Sites Burra Charter (2013).
- The role is responsible for providing built heritage advice, heritage research, site inspection and fabric analysis, significance and impact assessments, conservation services and schedule of maintenance and works, interpretation strategies.
- Providing specialist advice on built heritage, architecture and the conservation of heritage places Assessments involving considerations of legislative compliance, auditing, conservation and archival recording projects; ensuring all legislative obligations for our clients are met.
- Preparation of various types of heritage assessments for the NSW heritage team, particularly, but not limited to Statement of Heritage Impacts and Conservation Management Plans for projects associated with the built environment.
- Strong analytical, conceptual and assessment skills, together with strong professional experience.
- Strong communication skills, interpersonal skills and time management skills.
- Precise attention to detail and ability to produce professional quality deliverables on time and on budget.
- Experience with using tablets, laptops, digital cameras, and the Microsoft 0365 is desirable.
- Ability to work outdoors and a willingness to travel to field locations throughout Australia for periods of time.
- A full current NSW driver’s licence.
- First Aid certificate (desirable).
- Flexible work options
- Ongoing professional development
- Mobile phone, laptop & corporate credit card supplied
- Mentoring program
- Annual employee retreat
- Community fundraising events and a vibrant culture
- An attractive salary and allowances will be offered commensurate with your level of experience
If you are interested in this fantastic career opportunity, please read the position description and submit your application including a resume and cover letter addressing the key requirements via the “Apply Now” button by close of business on Friday 20 December 2019.
You must have the right to work in Australia to be considered for this role.
All applications will be treated with the strictest of confidence. Niche is an Equal Opportunity Employer, where diversity is embraced and we encourage qualified candidates of all differences to apply.